Phantasialand

Cringle

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Wicker Matt said:

Guess we’ll have to wait until 2021 now?

Oh. Well.

I think it's looking likely they will push back Rookburgh opening until next season now, the park is 99% not opening on the 4th April, as cologne city council are about to follow up on Berlin's measures to limit gatherings over 50 people (which will force the park and hotel to shut down)

I see no reason why this won't open this year.

Construction is an uncertainty in terms of whether it can continue, but I don't see why not? I still reckon the area was due to open in around June-time, so if they're able to continue with construction, that should be achievable still.

Obviously if the park doesn't open until the summer, they're going to be hit number-wise (like every other park). But that's more reason to ensure their big new ride opens, since it encourages people to visit all the more.

41 minutes ago, Glitch said:

But everyone here is an expert, has seen their marketing plans, and has worked a senior operations job at the park, so ofc they know 99% it's not opening this year. ;)

I didn’t say Rookburgh was not opening this year, I said that the park will not be opening on the 4th April. Cologne will be enforcing bans on gatherings above 50 people, following Berlin putting in these measures and rulantica and hansa park are now closed/have delayed openings. I said I wouldn’t be surprised if rookburgh would be pushed back til next season.

Please can you read properly before making snarky comments 😐 I am just putting my opinion across I never said I was an expert.

6 minutes ago, TPJames said:

I didn’t say Rookburgh was not opening this year, I said that the park will not be opening on the 4th April. Cologne will be enforcing bans on gatherings above 50 people, following Berlin putting in these measures and rulantica and hansa park are now closed/have delayed openings. I said I wouldn’t be surprised if rookburgh would be pushed back til next season.

Please can you read properly before making snarky comments 😐 I am just putting my opinion across I never said I was an expert.

Have the park confirmed this? I can still buy a ticket on the site for the 4th. Wait for the park to confirm.

11 minutes ago, Glitch said:

Have the park confirmed this? I can still buy a ticket on the site for the 4th. Wait for the park to confirm.

I phoned them because I have a booking and she said it was unlikely they will be open (so I’ve cancelled it which is what she recommended). There isn’t an official announcement as they are still coordinating with the government and Brühl city council but it seems extremely unlikely at this point, hence why I didn’t say 100%

I'm actually supposed to be going for fantissima this coming week and it’s currently on as currently in NRW only gatherings over 1000 are prohibited, however if/when this changes to 50 people, then fantissima and the hotel resort will close.

1 hour ago, Glitch said:

Given the situation in the North Rhine-westphilia region is one of the worst in Germany, it would be foolish to expect the park to actually open on the 4th, regardless of what their website says.

Part of me thinks that by being forced to close by the local government might be giving some parks some sort of protection / insurance they can claim for any financial losses. It would explain why some parks in some regions are currently set to remain open despite the inevitable closures.

Assuming parks open for the 2020 main season (which they almost definitely will at some point, I'm sure), I still believe that Rookburgh will end up opening in 2020.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Whilst the park has been closed during lockdown, Talocan received some extra maintenance off-site. Here's some pictures of it being put back in place:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3201310206546792&id=938244026186766

There was a period last year where Talocan was running on a very minimal setting, and I believe Huss came in to do some work to fix it up. This is likely the park responding to that given they have the extra time.

As for Fly, work is still ongoing, testing is still happening, etc. It has taken human riders. As for when any details might be announced, the park's current stance is "let's get the park open again first" (which is set for 29th May).

Even if social distancing and reduced capacity is still a thing for a while, the park will likely want to open Rookburgh as soon as they're happy with it, since it will add extra pathway space - and hence capacity - to what is a tiny park. The latest rumours is that the park were targeting a late June opening - similar to Klugheim - but it may be pushed back by a couple of months because of Covid.

• 3 months later...
48 minutes ago, JoshuaA said:

Going for the first time on Sunday. Any hidden gems or tips? Only got one day so wanna try and get as much as done as possible.

Hard to tell with Covid restrictions how busy the park will be (and some things may have changed, so this might not be perfect), but...

-Taron will always have a queue. If you're not one of the first ones there, you may as well leave it for later (it warms up and rides a bit better later in the day anyways).

-If the weather is good, River Quest will have a very long queue. It has a bad throughput too. One to get done earlier in the day if possible. 

-It might be different with Covid, but the Fantasy area (where Winjas is) opens at 11 some days. So try and head over there for then.

-The Berlin rides (carousel, Maus au Chocolat and Wellenflug) usually open before 10am.

-As Crazy Bats has no VR, it will run really well. Likely won't have much of a queue.

-Colorado Adventure has a physically short queue line, so don't be alarmed if the queue looks long. On a good day, even if the queue is really external you can be on in under 30mins.

-If you're pressed for time, I wouldn't bother with Feng Ju Palace or Wakobato. The latter you should only really do if you want a relaxing ride to do and you've got the time. 

-Hollywood Tour (indoor boat ride) has been closed for a long period of time due to maintenance. So you don't need to bother trekking up the hill past the Crazy Bats entrance. 

-Don't miss out on Tikal! It's not exactly hidden, but the closest thing they have to a hidden gem imo.

-Ride Chiapas a bunch of times ;)

The park is open until 7pm so even if it is busy you should get on everything. Most queue lines close 15mins before park close, but when busy, the park sometimes close their queue lines earlier, but these are always advertised. The advertised queue times are usually pretty accurate, but sometimes a bit off with the likes of Taron and Black Mamba in my experience. 

Most of the park's food places are great, so you can't really go wrong there.

It's a small park with a lot of stairs and you will probably double back on yourself more than once throughout the day. Always worth looking at a map / the app to find your way round; it's pretty accurate.

Rookburgh news: Staff previews are happening next Monday. Staff are, of course, being explicitly told not to share anything online and will be searched for phones, etc. before entering the area.

Klugheim had staff previews around 3 weeks before opening, so we must be nearing an announcement or opening very very soon.

Some rumours are circulating that on the 14th we'll have more news.