Phantasialand

Cringle

How bizarre! I've never seen that before.

On Verbolten, I believe they put the building up first (?) and then added the track inside. 

On Th13teen, the building supports went up with the track however the track wasn't wrapped...

My only idea could be that because it may be a long time until the ride opens, they have protected it just in case. 

Are there any plans for this?

Nope, Phantasialand prefer secrecy, the only reason these photos ae coming out is because there's clearly an enthusiast working on the construction... They even keep trying to shut the upload site down I believe...

All the better for it imo, much more interesting to see it go up and go "what ARE they doing?" rather than "Oh that's the 34th part of the 4th indoor drop"...

As for the shrink wrap, I would lean more towards the protection off dust/construction crap...

• 2 weeks later...

This amazing looking coaster is getting better and better! They have added more rock theming to hide parts of the coaster in too!

bMPy4mb.jpg

UnU0z9I.jpg

q1FWCWp.jpg

excited-gif22.gif?w=360&h=202

I think Phantasia just went on to my 'absolutely positively' must do visit list! This thing is still a good year or so off completion too!

You wouldn't see towers do anything like this ;)

(Awaits quoting of a fanboy accusing me of merlin bashing)

Phantasia was my absolute favourite park for a long time. The only reason its sunk is because I did it such a long time ago I barely remember some of it.

It was so fun, I remember that much, and the variety of rides they have is a truly well mixed bunch. Although with black mamba being the only 'extreme thrill' coaster and others like nighthawk, winjas and the mine train being a lot more family friendly, I'm glad to see the introduction of another (what looks like) thrill ride.

I was seriously planning on visiting Phantasia this year, but knowing them this may not be finished for a while yet (however quickly it's coming up, the wraps and the time taken with chiapas suggests otherwise), thus I will be definitely visiting here, and Hansa next year.

One final thing, what is that support structure in the right hand side? Is it scaffolding? It looks quite permanent and is reminiscent of a tilt or vertical drop element.

More pictures of construction!!

RideOnBlog_Phantasialand_Saisoneroeffnun

RideOnBlog_Phantasialand_Saisoneroeffnun

IMG_2220.thumb.jpg.209f6c39993b273641265

image.thumb.jpg.7c0ab1b0b5e0b651d006946d

IMG_2823.thumb.JPG.562a6218e9ff19aacb32d

tmp_4020-20150329_130148-1452184303.thum

Looking fab so far!!

Plus

IMAscore has composed new music for six rides in Phantasialand. The rides are:

River Quest (didn't have any music before.)
Mystery Castle 
Talocan (Doesn't have the Narnia track now.)
Colorado Adventure
Hotel Tartüff (Fun house)
Temple of the Night Hawk

The new coaster will also have IMAscore music.

Here's Talocan.

Here is Temple of the night hawk's.

Source: http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/3626/Nieuwe-muziek-voor-zes-attracties-in-Phantasialand.html

Plus here is a list of more improvements that have happened during the closed season.

-Lots of details added all over the park.
-Some standard looking walls near River Quest have been decorated to look more like castle walls.
-Africa has a lot of small details and stuff added.
-Loads of stuff in the park has gotten a paint job, including Berlin, Black Mamba's queue and China.
-Flowers added
-River Quest queue has gotten a big make-over
-Not entirely sure, but on the photos it looks like Black Mamba has gotten a paint job too.

There is also a new show.

Ohh Phantasialand  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

• 2 weeks later...

fascinating lack of inversions. I love how so far all the overhangs have been bunched into a ball of steel chaos. Looks fabulous.

As for the music, personally not sure if the new nighthawk soundtrack is at all suited or necessary for the ride, but really liking the new soundtrack for talocan. works just as well, or better then the narnia one, and it feels a lot more complete now everything it uses is original and pretty unique.

Hopefully gonna visit this later this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...