Phantasialand

Cringle

• 2 weeks later...

Visited the park on Wednesday and Thursday this week, had a fab time as usual. Reliability was great, all staff (except one) were friendly and extremely welcoming, and the hotels are amazing!

One thing about Mystery Castle that's worth noting if you go... 

I was talking after hours to a British member of staff who works on Mystery Castle, and when I asked him about the crap setting sometimes used, he says they've changed it so the good setting is used every afternoon, just not in the morning. I asked why and he said people will leave with a bad impression otherwise, but to me, a short cycle would be a bad start to a day too.

Taron looks incredible in person, even more so than in July when I visited. The layout is a lovely mess and the station building is already huge! The rock work also looks ten times better in person than in photos. Actually, the rocks look completely different off camera.

Oh, and I also bothered to wait for front row on Black Mamba this time, and it was actually fantastic. No rattle or shakiness, it was amazing! I'd say it's one of my favourites now, although people are right in saying it does too much too soon.

Some photos I quickly took of Taron...

wtvWDfO.jpg

LOxwzfb.jpg

bJciF3X.jpg

The rocks look a lot more colourful in these than in others I've seen on the internet which is why I posted them :)

Looking to do my first visit to the park in October, have booked flights for Cologne but still need to book Hotel and that... Anyone got any advice for visiting Phantasialand? Is it worth staying in one of the resort hotels and then having the tickets included or am I better off staying outside of the park and buying park tickets?

Any help would be appreciated!

On their (old) website you could book your hotel and park tickets together, not sure about their new website!

As for the hotels, I agree with Benin. I didn't stay on site this time (I stayed a 5 minute drive away) however we went for meals/cocktails at both Matamba and Ling Bao and they are both STUNNING. Ling Bao is quite expensive so I'd recommend staying at Matamba and just exploring the other hotel in the evening! 

Have fun, Phantasialand is a wonderful place!

I'd also like to know actually. I assume it feels like Inferno's tunnel section but faster and snappier?

Anyway, theming work continues on Taron and Klugheim! No more track work yet which is odd as I would have thought track would be finished first? I don't know a thing about construction so I wouldn't know :P

Theming on the backside of the station building

wGo6OYe.jpg

Some nice brickwork!

N2nU97k.jpg

Some more footers about to be themed with rocks topped with wooden beams...

YF2GXim.jpg

A new theming structure is rising in the middle! I noticed it when I visited but I have no clue what it is!

Mto7jqS.jpg

And to finish, the front facade of the station building!

MyaVRqv.jpg

Photos from 'phantafriends.de' :)

To anyone who's been on an intamin that features them: do their signature bank-bank s turns actually ride well? I always think they look great visually on coasters like this and maverick etc but have always wondered if they ride well

I almost fell asleep on the s bends on Cheetah Hunt but the s bend type sections on Juvelen were beyond awesome.