Cringle

Phantasialand

9 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

Phantasialand opens for Wintertraum today, and the park are stepping up Fly advertising with the 'Rookburgh Gazette':

EJ9374GW4AAXsxr?format=jpg&name=large

(Picture from one of the park's marketing team)

Included in the paper is reference to FLY, Hotel Charles Lindbergh, the restaurant Uhrwerk (Clockwork), as well as newly revealed things Bar 1919 and Emilie Chocoladen & Candy Werkstatt (Emilie's Chocolate and Candy Workshop, which will presumably be a sweet shop)

Will this be available in English?, As an entitled enthusiast I demand this be available in English

Liking the sound of the sweetshop style place. Could we be seeing Phantasialand’s take on Toothsome Emporium?

The whole marketing there looks wonderful.

3 hours ago, Wicker Matt said:

Liking the sound of the sweetshop style place. Could we be seeing Phantasialand’s take on Toothsome Emporium?

The whole marketing there looks wonderful.

2 hours ago, CharlieN said:

^ It looks like a wonderful sweatshop. Long hours, little pay, poor workers rights...

But I do agree, the marketing is so charming.

And this is why we quote hilarious typos Charlie 😢

I wouldn't expect anything crazy though Matt. I fully expect that it's just a grab and go sweet treat place with a name to match the theme of the area. 

Some higher quality pictures of the Rookburgh Gazette:

IMG_20191122_220103.thumb.jpg.75f4543aed

IMG_20191122_220154.thumb.jpg.b291ee8eec

IMG_20191122_220229.thumb.jpg.6471a1ab81

IMG_20191122_220242.thumb.jpg.5efb0a6596

source 

Some further highlights from the paper:

-The Charles Lindbergh hotel will have 114 rooms: 106 of them will be individual cabins for 2 people, and 8 of them will be the equivalent of two cabins and be for 4 people.

-Uhrwerk will be the restaurant for the hotel for breakfast and dinner, but will be accessible from the park for guests during the day for lunch

-Bar 1919 is a bar area on the lower levels of the hotel, and is exclusively for hotel guests

Roughly, the story of Rookburgh is a 1920s Berlin-themed area with a focus on transportation and, naturally, flight, with a steampunk twist. So Rookburgh will be a 'sub-area' of the current Berlin area, much like how Klugheim is a sub-area of the Mystery area.

And, in an amazing piece of detail, the newspaper is written with 1920s German spellings, colloquialisms and grammar. It's a subtle difference, but something which is truly fantastic imo.

Phantasialand have released a video featuring an animation of what the area will look like when it is finished.

This definitely gives a good scope of how the area will generally look when it is completed.

Edited by Wicker Matt
Josh just beat me then.