Efteling

Cringle

I wish the UK parks did more events like this, opening ceremonies in general, rather than open the park with zero pomp to it...

Well Blackpool did kind of do an opening ceremony for Sky a Force this year with the cutting of the ribbon, park management being on site and the red arrows flying over, I'll that there.

Even so, UK definitely needs more of these style things like Europa and much of America, I doubt WC16 & SW8 will open any opening fanfare that's a patch on this.

Haven't watched the POV, but looking forward to doing this tomorrow / Thursday / Friday...

Alright Benin

I won't do my usual statement of 'I haven't been here' or 'I really want to go here soon' thing.

(Matt Creaked)

I'm not getting carried away no matter how amazing the theming is.

I just wish these smaller dive coasters had more to them. So short.

This sums up my thoughts on the ride, there is no question that the theming and presentation of the ride is second to none, but it really doesn't seem to offer an outstanding ride experience, although you can't judge a coaster from a POV.

Personally I would much rather have a good, solid coaster with less theming than an average coaster which is heavily themed, but both would be nice!  :lol:

I think a bigger DM wouldn't suit Efteling one bit...

I prefer the smaller ones though, Shakira and Griffon did nothing for me... Plus it allows parks with more strict height ceilings or space issues to have one, which can only be seen as a positive...

I'm sure the Dutch will love this as much as the Germans love Krake...

As an overall experience, Baron is quite possibly my favourite attraction. The ride itself is a little short, but great fun and very graceful. The theming, effects and story are perfect though.

Others didn't love it as much as me, but each to their own. I think it depends on what you want from a coaster.

That's more the reaction I'm expecting from the majority of enthusiasts. A solid if unremarkable ride.

That's certainly the best way to word it! I don't want to hype the ride up any more than enthusiasts already have, as I think I'll love it more than others.

It's a solid ride that flows well. It's not the best, it's not exactly special, just a very well done ride which I enjoyed a lot. :)

Sounds like pretty much every other coaster at Efteling then, not breaking any top 10s, but will be solid and above all fun...

Which is of course, what we want from rides... Fun, a few people tend to forget that...

A few people and theme parks in general.