Efteling

Cringle

Just finished my 2nd and final day at Efteling, I think I live this park even more now.

Fairy Tale Forest- full of massive charm and interaction, especially enjoyed the giant tree, water lily and troll King fairytales and the rest two were very good. The Soookes Jebbes show was interesting to watch (though definitely aimed at kids). Spent around 2 hours here which wasn't difficult (can see what people mean now).

Spooksplot, was an interesting attraction. Certainly not my favourite but cleverly done. If you expect a show you'll be quite impressed maybe not so if you're expecting a ride.

Went back to Poule's and had a sweet pancake this time, just as delicious as last time. Sadly didn't but mix as my bag is full to the brim.

Baron has growed on me, very good ride definitely not my fav B&M but theming is excellent, plus at night it's amazing.

Watched Aquanora again just as great as last time and a gentle soaking by water was definitely needed.

Full review coming soon.

Did you Watch Raveleijn? Matt or Dan, my favourite thing about Efteling. 

Ravelijin was amazing Jack! Definitely my favourite show I've ever seen at a theme park [that doesn't involve fountains or projections].

Basically I liked most of the rides there, the only ones I didn't really like was Monseur Cannibal as it was so difficult to make the things spin. Pyphon was ok but rather dull as was Villa Volta, but is not a patch on Hex.

Ravelijin was amazing loved every min of it what a show can see why its popular there. Everything about Efteling was fantastic went in with less expectations than I came out with. A park that is well run the theming put in is brilliant loved Fairytale Forest could spend more than 2 hours in there if you really wanted to. overall the park is great quality throughout even though the layout of the park isn't the best.

• 1 month later...

A short Press Release from the park has also been released:  http://www.efteling.com/NL/Over-de-Efteling/Pers-en-Publicaties/Persberichten/persberichten-persberichten/persbericht-nieuw-in-2017.html (warning:  it mentions roughly what the ride system is, so is best avoided if you want to avoid all spoilers).

The dark ride itself is costing 35 million euros (approx £26 million), and is of course being designed for all the family and to be suitable for all nationalities.  It sounds as if they are planning to make it all very interactive too.  So all sounds incredibly exciting.

On a completely different note, was anyone else amused by the similarities between the press release for this and WC16? :P

• 2 weeks later...

Few more details about Symbolica:  http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/4904/Meer-details-over-nieuwe-attractie-Symbolica-in-de-Efteling.html

Interesting points of note are that it won't be a shooter and you won't wear 3D glasses; so it is very much a 'real' dark ride.  How exactly the interactivity will occur in the ride is, however, still unknown.

For anyone curious, this appears to be the ride system:  http://www.etf.nl/ride-systems/products/xperience-mover

• 1 month later...

All sounding great stuff from Efteling here. 300k increase is a very healthy increase, and Baron's greatness justifies that.

Wonder if they'll beat Tivoli Gardens to 3rd most visited now, with DLP & Europa in the top two.

Heard they're building another hotel and more accommodation too (source Loopings).

At minimum they'll be continuing expansion on Bosrijk, dunno where they'd put another hotel tbh...

The increase is probably owing a lot to their own expansion to advertising abroad (including UK), something that they didn't really do too much beforehand...

• 4 weeks later...

Efteling are planning to build a new holiday park Loonsche County County.

Source http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/5245/Slapen-boven-en-onder-de-grond-eerste-ontwerpen-van-nieuw-vakantiepark-Efteling-onthuld.htmlSlapen

There will be a hotel with 75 rooms alongside flats,wood cabins, huts and heather dune huts. Construction is expected to start next year and it describes some of the accomodation being below ground [which is curious].

050416loonloon1.jpg

050416loonloon3.jpg

050416zomensen.jpg

Some of the buildings look loverly [from the artists impressions] and I'm sure they'll be a hit whilst inkeeping with Efteling's fantastic image too. 

Latest construction update on Symbolica, which at 35 million euros is apparently the park's most expensive attraction to date.

140416symbo1.jpg

One wall already in place.

140416symbo2.jpg

140416symbo3.jpg

140416symbo4.jpg

Safe to say the ride's footprint is much larger than I was expecting. That's assuming it occupies most of the currently empty site pictured.

140416symbo5.jpg

140416symbo6.jpg

Look forward to seeing the end result on this one.

• 3 weeks later...

These statistics don't surprise me at all and if anything makes me adore this park even more. It is certainly clear Efteling have more love in their fingers for their park than others do in their whole body. When it comes to upkeep, Efteling is definitely one of the best kept parks in Europe.

They make full use of their charitable status...

I'd like to see a breakdown of what they spend money on and how much on each aspect...

This is still not to say that in order to keep things at a high quality, you need to spend lots... You need a team fully behind providing the highest quality product as possible...

• 1 month later...