Efteling

Cringle

Can't wait until this opens next year. 

I'm actually wondering whether this attraction will be mostly screen based or wether it's going to feature traditional animatronics. Maybe both. 

Ride  area does look small, could there be the possibility of the ride being on different levels. I do wonder with the  facade expecting to be massive. 

The concept art immediately made me think it would be more than one floor for this.  And it's still a reasonably large space anyways, so plenty of opportunities for stuff.

As for screens Matt, pretty certain it's been confirmed there's no 3D glasses and no guns (possibly suggesting hand moving technology due to the interactivity).  Screens still possible.

• 1 month later...

More Symbolica updates

150816rotsvasat1.jpg

150816rotsvasat4.jpg

Building is starting to take shape nicely now.

150816rotsvasat6.jpg

150816rotsvasat2.jpg

150816rotsvasat3.jpg

I forget get whether it's been said, but this will be the most expensive ride ever built at the Efteling, at a cost of 35 million euros with a ride duration of 6-7 minutes. It will be trackless too.

Apparently most of the work is going on the outside of the attraction at the moment as they want to finish this first before they start working on the insides for the attraction itself. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Meanwhile at Efteling, more work takes place to further enhance the magic of Symbolica.

280916toren1.jpg

The highest point of the ride has now been constructed and just like everything Efteling, looks beautiful.

280916toren2.jpg

280916toren3.jpg

280916toren4.jpg

Pictures copyright of Loopings.

Certainly can't wait for this to open next year and definitely plan to return to Efteling next year to experience this. Best looking new ride for 2017 in my books.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Efteling released some concept art of the preshow room for Symbolica a while back.  Spoilering because Efteling concept art is so realistic...

071116schets.jpg

Also, Python is set to be closed for pretty much the whole of April, May and June for its refurb, with rumours of a whole track replacement rife..

That looks Efteling amazing. A little reminscent of Plopsa's teacups and Mystic Manor but looks to retain the amazing park quality.

As for the Python retracking, it feels a strange and excessive rule,considering how smooth it already is. But if Efteling are up for refurbing their classic ride, let them doing it! It's great how such a park looks after things new and old and doesn't really  neglect  anything  (I'm saying nothing). 

Double Post, but apparently it won't only be Python that will be receiving major updates next year but the Dutchman too. Apparently areas of the outdoor track are to be replaced due to wear and tear from the splash features. Full article can be seen here http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/6454/Opknapbeurt-voor-Vliegende-Hollander-Pagode-Sneeuwwitje-en-Draak-in-de-Efteling.html?coockie=accepted

If that wasn't enough, the Gondola, lake boats and the Snow White and Dragon sections in Fairy Tale Forest are also receiving some excessive TLC. With the park turning 65 next year the park the park is certainly doing a great job with updates.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...