Efteling

Cringle

I thoroughly enjoy these little videos they make, as each one not only shows how much effort and dedication they put into everything but make me even more excited to when this opens later this year.

The new soundtrack from the ride featured in the video sounds fantastic. Very cinematic with beautiful melody and thematic elements and most importantly, very Efteling like. 

Efteling features some of what are arguably the best ride themes at any European park. From Dutchman to Joris and Dreamflight to Baron.

• 2 weeks later...

Words cannot explain my hype for this! From what we've learnt so far, Efteling (an already immaculate park) are about to gain another fab dark ride that may even shake the industry as a whole. If I'm lucky I'll fit a visit in this year, but if not, I'm gonna have to get here sooner or later.

• 2 weeks later...

Episode Four of the Making Of Symbolica is now up, which gives the details into how the cars and ride system will operate amongst the finer details.

Loopings have also released further pictures and details of attraction's vehicles too, which you can see below.

170317lynx.jpg

170317kamers2.jpg

170317kamers8.jpg

170317kamers12.jpg

Some of the details on this attraction look amazing and amongst being what is 'arguably' the most exciting 2017 attraction in Europe could well be one of the best non-Disney dark rides too. We shall see.

Goodness, those carriages are beautiful. They move with such grace! I've also got to mention the soundtrack - which is as enchanting as it gets. 

Kudos to Efteling for this series - it really is fab. (Actually, kudos to Efteling's media team in general. The short film made before Baron 1898 was one of the best things I've seen on YouTube.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They tried, but it hasn't particularly worked (although it might looks tonnes better once things have grown in)...

Always an issue when you plonk a massive dark ride building in the middle of your park, but at least all the areas in the public view are themed...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been there, done that ... on Wed. 28th and without queueing, while queueing time last Saturday went up to 150 mins.

As annual pass holders, we were invited to ride Symbolica a few days before the official opening, in a chosen 30 mins time slot.

Don't be afraid, I won't spoil.

We (fam. with 2 children) chose the 'Heroes' ride.

Wife 'n youngest (7) sat in front.

Them fronts-sitters were distracted by a semi-useless control panel and screen.

On a few occasions durig the ride, they could activate some animatronics, while we back-sitters ... well we sat there in vain.

I read and heard many other comments and all of them agree: the inter-active part doesn't add that much.  

But please note Symbolica is a magnificient ride.:good:

I've never seen that much details in a darkride attraction and the animatronics were rather smooth / vivid.

And luckyly no screens or VR-glasses were needed. 

I rate it higher than Maus au Chocolat or even Ratatouille.

The introduction in the first room by O.J. (not Simpson, unfortunately) is told in Dutch, English, French and German. There isn't that much talk during the ride itself, so I think you won't miss that much of the background story.

I've written a review of Symbolica here - https://forum.maniahub.com/blogs/entry/852-symbolica-review/  I can only agree with Earlyspencer and say it is a magnificent attraction!

Though Symbolica has experienced some teething issues over the past week, with some significant (for Efteling) downtime, queue line evacs because the issues have been difficult to solve.  And to add to that, some days the pre show hasn't been functional at all, meaning guests would miss out on the (albeit simple) backstory, and amazing animatronics and effects present there.  A real big shame, but at the same time, sort of amusing that they've managed to pretty flawlessly open a trackless dark ride with tons of animatronics and special effects, yet can't get a pre show to work...

That being said, I imagine there's some concern, given that currently the 2 newest (and still very popular) attractions at the park are also the most unreliable.  Only Efteling could make a B&M unreliable... ;)