Cringle

Efteling

390 posts in this topic

The making of series is now to episode 3, which focuses on the attraction's music and a sneak peek of the ride vehicles towards the end...

Efteling have also revealed that a majority of the ride's roof will be a garden:

16807069_1429124043788651_37945661454159

Should make the view from the Pagoda slightly more pleasing!

CharlieN likes this

3 episodes in and I still can't take him saying O.J Punctual seriously. 

I liked what I heard of the music though.

I thoroughly enjoy these little videos they make, as each one not only shows how much effort and dedication they put into everything but make me even more excited to when this opens later this year.

The new soundtrack from the ride featured in the video sounds fantastic. Very cinematic with beautiful melody and thematic elements and most importantly, very Efteling like. 

Efteling features some of what are arguably the best ride themes at any European park. From Dutchman to Joris and Dreamflight to Baron.

Words cannot explain my hype for this! From what we've learnt so far, Efteling (an already immaculate park) are about to gain another fab dark ride that may even shake the industry as a whole. If I'm lucky I'll fit a visit in this year, but if not, I'm gonna have to get here sooner or later.

Stunning looking vehicles to say the least and am liking the colour scheme here too.

The new ride will also apparently be going under a new theme area called Imaginstive, which will also incorporate aquanura, Polle's Kitchen and the entrance building (house of the five senses).

CharlieN likes this

Episode Four of the Making Of Symbolica is now up, which gives the details into how the cars and ride system will operate amongst the finer details.

Loopings have also released further pictures and details of attraction's vehicles too, which you can see below.

170317lynx.jpg

170317kamers2.jpg

170317kamers8.jpg

170317kamers12.jpg

Some of the details on this attraction look amazing and amongst being what is 'arguably' the most exciting 2017 attraction in Europe could well be one of the best non-Disney dark rides too. We shall see.

Goodness, those carriages are beautiful. They move with such grace! I've also got to mention the soundtrack - which is as enchanting as it gets. 

Kudos to Efteling for this series - it really is fab. (Actually, kudos to Efteling's media team in general. The short film made before Baron 1898 was one of the best things I've seen on YouTube.)

Episode 5 is up! It looks like the attraction is coming along very nicely.

The music tho :wub:

For those sensible enough to wait until a date was announced before booking a trip, Efteling have confirmed that this will open on July 1st...

I swear that got confirmed ages ago as well?

Especially given Baron opened same date...

Only ever rumoured.  Internally it was always the planned opened date (and is Efteling's preferred opening date, with Baron and Joris both opening then), but this is the first time it's been officially confirmed / advertised. 

The next episode of The Making Of Symbolica part 6 has been realised, and goes into further details of the attraction building and design. Not to mention the garden roof on the top which will make for a beautiful sight on the pagoda.

terrortomb likes this

I may be missing quite a bit here but is it known if Symbolica tells a story like Baron does? Like with Baron I'm guessing this'll be revealed prior to opening.

You going to meet the King, things presumably go wrong, Pardoes saves the day...

The story ends there...