Presumably Baron is unreliable because of the pre-lift stuff and that it's not got the curve of faff (different systems)...

Though this is the park that had Flying Dutchman open AN ENTIRE YEAR late, but that's what you get when dealing with Kumbak...

I'd imagine the Symbolica issues will get ironed out eventually like any new thing, least it's just a pre show needing fixing not the entire ride ;)

On 09/07/2017 at 7:35 AM, Benin said:

I'd imagine the Symbolica issues will get ironed out eventually like any new thing, least it's just a pre show needing fixing not the entire ride ;)

Ghost Train says hi. 

Very mixed about this announcement as I don't think Efteling necessarily needs a fastpass type system in there. However should it work similar to the current system DLRP have, they it could be handy and not affect things too much.

remember when reserve and ride was being trialled and there were all those comments saying it was going to become a permanent fixture the following season.

ha

In fairness, if there's any park that can make a RnR style system work, it's Efteling.  They have the infrastructure and the attraction line up for people to have enough to do whilst virtually waiting.  Trialling it on Python, their least popular major attraction, makes sense too.  And there could be a need for it - on busy days, the park does get long queues.  

I don't think it'll work wide scale because people won't want to faff about with it.  But it will be interesting to see how the Dutch (and European) crowds react to it in practice 

Still hilarious seeing Efteling essentially copy Thorpe yet again though...

I quite like the way Everland do their ride reserve system.

It only applies on their major attractions (4 in total I think). It only operates on weekends and public holidays. It stops running at 3pm and the queues for those 4 attractions go back to being free for all.

It's still far too much faff in my opinion though. I kind of want this trial to fail if I'm honest.

"You're just here for the rides..." - except Efteling is one of the few theme parks that isn't just about rides, and if that's all you do there, you're foolish.

But yeah, good to see more Efteling creeping up in the UK media.

Maybe it'll be the "first park to adequately introduce such a system"? ;)

Guess since most British parks don't really have much focus on other aspects (bar Chessie with the zoo) then it's logical to go on about the rides for a fluff piece...

To be fair, Efteling are pretty good with throughputs and their queues are quick moving, with only the old rides like Python and Bob being quite slow.  They don't have Fastrack queues, and only 2 SRQs (Baron and Symbolica).  So they do focus on 1 quick moving queue mostly. 

It's also worth noting that Carnival Festival (their omnimover which can get like 2 hour queues on busy days) has recently had an app made, which can interact with stuff in the queue now.  Makes me think they're trying loads of different ideas to try and improve people's queueing experience (since there's little more they can do with throughputs), and see what works best.

13 hours ago, Coaster said:

Not a fan of this virtual queuing idea personally, I'd much rather see one fast moving queue with efforts focused on the ride throughput.

Virtual queuing could work at Efteling, it has enough around the place and it's big enough for people to be spread around without affecting other rides queues too much. It was doomed at Thorpe but it has a chance here.

I can forsee issues of people being stuck in the middle of the Fairytale Forest of Forever and suddenly realising they need to go on Python, but that's not exactly the park's fault...