Efteling

Cringle

I've been 3 times now. Efteling is a lovely park which finds a theming balance somewhere in the middle of Phantasialand and Europa-Park.

It does, however, lack in terms of ride stock and on busier days queues get long and they don't extend. Operational standards vary, too. In fact, they close rides earlier than ride close to run off the queue which is very irritating.

It isn't perfection but is a lovely place to just 'be'. Some of their thematic detail is truly wonderful.

• 2 weeks later...

Sickening. I love it <3

There's no point in me even commenting my opinion on this coaster anymore as it's always going to be positive.

EDIT - I just watched the video again, and noticed this which I probably should have listened to before. This thing will be amazing.

DyLavEd.jpg

Efteling recorded a +6% rise in attendance to 4.4m in 2014, despite no new attractions that year.

The increase in guests was largely driven by foreign visitors, and might put the Park at #3 or #4 in Europe now (possibly displacing Tivoli Copenhagen / Studios Paris - complete figures from AECOM to come soon). Odds on that Baron will contribute to even greater success this year...

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/23987773/__Recordaantal_bezoekers_Efteling__.html

Growth even when nothing new is added - a mark of a quality product  ^_^