Memories: Magic Moments

Sheepie

What are your favourite memories of Thorpe Park? We all have those favourite moments....... let's disscuss them here.Well mine would be of a few years ago, Tidal Wave was being built and it was back when Thorpe used to have fireworks.It used to be on a Sunday, my family and I would go to the pub where my auntie lived and have a meal there. We would get to Thorpe by 3/ 4pm and the entrance price was like ?10.I remember riding Rumba Rapids in the dark- full of mist and you couldn't see where all the water jets were.The next would be eating Burger King and watching the fireworks.On the way out of the park, we always finished the day off with Depth Charge, and then we used to watch people coming down the slides, and quite a few times we used to see people crash into the barriers at the end. (This is why they now have that coating on the surface of the floor).Obviously it was when the boat was crammed with two big men (oi oi sailor) and it just used to be funny watching and hearing everyone's reaction.Oh, and donuts, with butterscotch dip :P

Oh, and donuts, with butterscotch dip :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes Please.I have loads of great memories of Thorpe Park, 2006 especially with my friends - some of the best days out really. But for me the magical days were in 2002. Tidal Wave was perfect. Colossus (my first rollercoaster) was perfect. Rumba Rapids when it first open was pretty good aswell. The Park had so much beauty and I just remember being sucked into it and I was able to escape into soming unique for a couple of hours. :P

My most distant memory was on my first visit in 1999. First ride we went on was Fish (queued 40 minutes :P ). I also remember being annoyed about the cul de sac by Loggers Leap and Calgary Stampede. Actually that annoys me about the arcade and Detonator.. there must be a quicker way :PMy favourite year for Thorpe was 2003. Tidal Wave was cemented as my favourite ride and I recall between 6 and 7:30 the park was absolutely dead leading to constantly running round doing Colossus the whole time. Fantastic.

My lovely magical memory was when Ultimate fasttrack was ?20 when they first started doing them..God I wished I milked it a little more than I actually did then and it were a expected horror as it slowly went up through half the summer and towards Fright Nights.

I've just remebered another brilliant moment.My aunite and I decided to go on one of the carousels in Carousel Kingdom (shock horror!). So we get on there, and I decide that I don't want to go on a horse, I actually want to go on a cup- thing.So there's my auntie, a 35 year old woman at the time (who looked as though she was alone) on a horse, looking very embarressed and sorry for herself.Aww.Thorpe used to be so good.And then Tussauds bought it :P (Predictable I know).

• 5 months later...

I had my 11th Bday at thorpe in 1996 (off the top of my head). Just gave away my age too. Anyway NO way out was new, this was before people actually knew what it did and the staff at the enterance wouldn't give away anything I.e. going upside down? remained unanswered.Anyway it was october so freezeing went with family and two friends from school. The park was empty so we had the run of the place. Went on the fish, Rapids, ferry to the farm - train back (remember those days) Depth charge, stampede, the haunt, river cruise, monkey boat, Dragon boats & model village. Went on all of the rangers rides. Met the rangers (loved the Giraffe) saw the ranger show got pic's & hugs. Lasting memory was the extremely long walk to the actual train on No way out. Used to be like a maze with rubber wheels making door ways tight - maybe it was longer because I was younger who knows? Cares?Remeber being petrified by No way out shocked at the backwards launch! sounds sad now when some of you think Stealth is tame - NO WAY OUT was extreme back in the day. I gonna show my age again I'm entitled to my rants!> you kids are spoilt these days no apreciation > lol. Loggers leap was the highlight of the day > SO HIGH folks this was before tidal wave. Loggers leap in todays terms appeared the size of stealth to me as an 11 year old it was HUGE. Got totally soaked bought the pic then stupidly dived into the water on the Beaches. Then went to Windsor for a meal.Dam that was a great day > I hope the exclusivity of thrill rides doesn't prevent other families from having memories like mine. Then again its a new age better memories to come

• 1 month later...

I remember going into Cinema 180 with my father to watch a video of a rollercoaster. I sat on his shoulders. At the time the park would've had just one rollercoaster (Space Station Zero/The Flying Fish) and I never thought that I'd see one of that size in the park. Never. Look how far Thorpe Park has come. :huh: I remember the huge Sylvanian Families scene in the dome in the very early 90s. I wasn't collecting the things at the time and I had a sudden urge to spend all of my pocket money on them...I went to see the fireworks display most years and my parents would always keep it a secret. They would tell me that we were off to Sainsbury's and then we'd turn off into Thorpe Park and I'd scream. Because I was too young to keep track of dates I could never predict when we'd be at Thorpe Park next, and so I never expected it. I felt so lucky because I went to Thorpe Park far more often than any of my friends.

• 1 year later...

I loved thunder river, I agree it's so much better.I also remember riding countless times on wicked witch's haunt, and tropical travels. for some unknown reason, I absolutely adored tropical travels. then, I remember when they built detinator, and the first time I went on it I ask 1 of the employees if tropical travels was still here. when I was told it had burnt and been removed, I was devistated. I also remember my first ride on rush (obviously!) it's the best ride their

I've gone every year since birth, I'd say when I was 9 and Colossus was finally finished I was so hyped for it but I would have to stick to my detonater and zodiac for naother year as I wasn't tall enough, since 10 thorpe park has been amazing for me, I could actually go on the thrill seeker rides then! :) Too many memories of thorpe park really.