Photography, Art, Music, Poetry, Videos...

Cringle

OOO I was looking at that the other night. Very good stuff Cringle. I especially like the Fright Nights-esque one.Although....

err yeh. I suck at most things. heck I even suck at photography... but hey.

I think it's more the fact that you think you suck at things. I disagree with your opinion. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

The London Eye photo <3Not gonna be cleeshayy and say it's amazing. Even though it is.It's an outstanding photograph that only a truely talented photographer could produce. *looks into different directions*Um, Physics is BORING when you're locked in a CUPBOARD by the teacher...Posted ImagePosted Image

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ok so after losing my Pansonic Lumix TZ8 I'm on the lookout for a replacement. I was wondering if any of you guys could recommend anything?I'm looking to spend under 150 pounds.I need good video quality as I am looking to expand my Youtube channel. Would also like decent photos with a good zoom.Camcorder or Camera not sure really.Any ideas?

I had no idea this thread even existed!? I can't say much about a camera or camcorder myself Jack as I use my phone camera (8.0MP with 720p recording) and that does me fine. Ermm... you'd definitely be well-advised to shop around but recently my sister bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS3 and it's quality is astounding. The link will take you to Amazon where you can get them for about £120ish. :)

I didn't know about this either! Oops, might spam a teeny tiny bit :) I'd agree with Sidders the Lumix series are good, or Nikon Coolpix although I haven't used one myself.Also, some contributions...Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePromise I won't post that many in future but you know, catching up and all :D Might have to post a few more holiday shots at some point though... ;)

Yay! I'm not the only one who takes random photos of plant life! :) Some vair nice shots their, Adam. Obviously, yours are made better by the Theme Park locations but alas, I live near no theme parks (nearest is Thorpe, 2 hours away) and so I'll just post a few pictures of my walkabouts... (a lot of these can also be found on my Facebook)Posted ImageSome funky lookin' sun glare...Posted ImageNow I just need someone to sit on the bench...Posted ImageMy favourite, purely because it was a fluke shot after many failed attempts at getting a good photo of the sunset.Posted ImageA bee.Posted ImageA weird ivy conglomeration.Posted ImageVintage apple!Posted ImageMy garden's only form of colour other than green: a rather strikingly purple artichoke.

After allot of reasearch and deliberation I haved decided that this camera (FS35) : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-Lumix-FS35-Digital-Camera/dp/B004I1KP5C/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1313956933&sr=1-1 Will be a good replacement for the old TZ8. It has 8x instead of 12x zoom but more megapixels and the same high level of 720p video quality. I also pondered upon the TZ20 which is a whoping 210 pounds but has a 16x zoom, 1080p HD movies and 3D photos. What do you guys think?

Very good choice, Jack! :blush: The Lumix series is a very good investment - I hear they're very reliable too.In other news, I live near a corn field and so:Posted ImageRANDOM CORN IMAGE ALERT.Edit: I have since been told that is maize. Oh wells.And Adam, I love the third one! It's my desktop background; makes my screen look all big and spacious.

Ohh haven't been on the forums for a while :blush: anyway as its time to start to prepare my university portfolio. I decided I would make a site, with a little help of a website maker named Wix. However if you go onto my reflection page, I'm starting to explore coding well flash coding anyways. I'm applying for a range of courses from Event communications, Experience and Event Design to Graphic Communications and Lens based Art and Design :RAMProuctionsmeukPs theres loads more work to be uploaded and I'm updating and correcting frequently so its not the best atm.

• 5 months later...

Well your quite an arty bunch - advice please.....I enjoy photography and mess around with my DSLR, but don't really know what I'm doing. Has any one read any photography books that they'd recommend? There seem to be hundreds of them out there and I just can't choose.I think I'm after something quite basic really, but squarely aimed at DSLR use and going into some depth of the cameras functions. I don't even know what half the settings on my camera do but just sometimes stumble across the results I want, I'd love to actually know where I've gone right and wrong.

Adam that bear is fab. <3 Hahaha.I draw and stuff. http://hajimesartblog.blogspot.com/

Thanks :PPluk, I would recommend the internet rather than books - that's how I learned. There are thousands of websites full of advice right from beginner level to professional, you can read exactly what you want / need and ignore what you don't, there are millions of examples to look at, and of course it will cost you nada :D I'd recommend starting by looking up every function on your camera and getting familiar, then working your way through some websites and seeing what they do. Then if you know what kind of thing you want to achieve - say a night shot - you can look up how to do that and which factors to play with. Then of course the practical element is to just keep trying things out and playing around with it - knowing theory and just doing are both key to improving but neither will work without the other :D