Food Outlets

Cringle

BK, good riddance. Wonder if it is actually gonna disappear at thorpe though, with its whole target market and audience crap. Heck, they're the only park still to have KFC and PH operating!

Its funny, the BK sign over the entrance of the one in Canada Creek has come down and been replaced by a temporary one, it seems far to early to be starting things like that but odd all the same.

I believe KFC signed a new contract with TP the year the others got rid of them, not sure about PH but ive heard its the most profitable one in europe?!

I certainly think PH has a much higher chance of staying. I just feel it is one of the more high quality places to eat.

Personally, I am not a fan of kfc at Thorpe.

I went there once and ordered two pieces of chicken, and they gave me three bits. I wanted to say something but the employees dodgy attitude and half angry facial expression put me off complaining.

Plus it was that meal that made me feel sick for the rest of the day.

I wonder though if Burger King gets busy because of being a recognised brand... Thorpe's restaurants outside of Burger King, KFC and Pizza Hut very rarely get very busy in my experience...

Ive waited 45 minutes for food in Bar 360 because it gets so busy, and the queue at Colossus Hotdogs is usually quite long.

I went there once and ordered two pieces of chicken, and they gave me three bits. I wanted to say something but the employees dodgy attitude and half angry facial expression put me off complaining.

Plus it was that meal that made me feel sick for the rest of the day.

Are you joking? Please tell me this post was a wind up!

If not your delusional

Going to miss having my XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger meal :( But the place I enjoy eating most is the Noodle Bar, Hoisin Dark and Noodles, tastes so good and even better with the discount! The only food outlet I have an issue with at Thorpe is the Fish and Chips place near the Teacups, the fish is pretty nice but the chips and soggy and disgusting!

It won't be up to whether PH want the lease to go or not - it'll be down to thorpe and what their contracts state and any clauses in it.

Obviously, if PH is paying them a rather healthy percentage to keep their brand there, then that'll be what we'll keep seeing. All depends on what's best for good old thorpey!

I think in many cases it comes down to the amount of hassle vs amount of profit.

If Pizza hut pay them truck loads of cash, they get money for nothing.

But if they have a Pizza Pasta and the amount of hassle to run the place doesn't give good profits, then PH could stay.

I can see why large places contract this stuff out so they don't have to worry about staffing and all the other things which come along with it, they charge rent and leave them to it and take a big cut.

Pretty much all of the in-house places at Thorpe have something positive about them.

Roast & Relish - Good quality food. Rather cheap if you buy the 4 for £15 as well.

Amity Kebab Co. - Large portion sizes for the price.

Bar 360 - Large variety, top quality food.

Mexican Cantina - Very tasty food, cheap prices.

Calypso BBQ - Good food, large variety, reasonably priced.

Wild Wong's Noodle Bar - Filling meal, cheap price for it.

Battered Fish & Chips - Good ol' chippy.

Hot dog / snacky places - Do they job really.

(Can't think of any more).

Whilst there may be downsides as well to some of these places, on the whole, they are all good quality, offer pretty speedy service most of the time, good value for money (even better with AP discount, of course) and are a step in the right direction. A Pizza/Pasta, Fried Chicken Co. (which I always love at Chessie and AT) as well as some different / original places to eat would be a good move in my eyes to act as replacements for Pizza Hut, KFC and Burger King. Of course, the park (and franchises themselves?) may feel differently, but I think replacing them is a good idea.

Also, I'd love to see more of the 'themed food outlets' which are starting to come about; for example, the simple concept of Roast & Relish being your last meal works well, as does the Calypso BBQ and so forth. Just quirky little things like that help make a day out a bit more memorable for the right reasons.

Also, I'd love to see more of the 'themed food outlets' which are starting to come about; for example, the simple concept of Roast & Relish being your last meal works well, as does the Calypso BBQ and so forth. Just quirky little things like that help make a day out a bit more memorable for the right reasons.

Eh? I'm lost here, since when did either of those places give off that sort of vibe?

Amity Kebab and Roasty Relish are both fab additions... Was actually surprised how good the Kebab place was, which is testament to the great improvement of food at the parks... Indeed, there's very few if any truly awful food places these days at the parks, compared to a few years ago when you wouldn't want to set foot in a park food joint bar the BBQ place...

Food improvements are ace. Unsure how anyone likes KFC, or moans about FCC. Sure, if you compare FCC at chessington to KFC, then you may have a few points. Compare to FCC at towers, where meal sizes are bigger, meals are cheaper and the food just feels so much more fresh and tastier.. then you can't lose.

Plus, bring in the big red button towers style, and noone will ever miss KFC ;).

But BK needs to go, it's ****e. PH would love to be gone from the park as well.