Food Outlets

Cringle

The food in Bar 360 is OK, but there's always a long queue to order food, or there are no tables left!

I refuse to eat the hot dogs anymore, the last time I had one the buns were so doughy they were sickly.

KFC, let's not go there - literally.

The Noodle Bar by Rocky Express, is this the same as the one in Wild Asia at Chessington, and Spinball Noodles at Alton Towers? I have only had the ones in Wild Asia but they all smell the same!

Roast & Relish - this is one place I ain't tried yet. Is it good or bad?

Mexican Cantina was my favourite last season; but Amity Kebab and Roast Relish! Bar 360 is for when I'm feeling rich, but is still very nice. :wub:

Presumably we're going to be getting a Burger Kitchen this season? BK is going at AT and Chessie, and I think there were only banner signs for the Canada Creek one near the end of last season, so would make sense. If BK does go, hopefully we don't just get two Burger Kitchens - would like to see some variety!

As for PH - never go. Too expensive, too busy and not a wide enough variety compared to regular Pizza Huts.

I nearly always eat at KFC, just out of habit more than anything but I think it is actually a good one. Never had a bad mean there (by KFC standards!), just a shame it is a very limited menu.

Roast and Relish is by far the best food on park IMO, outdoor seating not a lot of use in the rain though!

Has anyone had the kebabs from TP? I always walk past and think one day I'll try but we always end up all you can eat at Pizza Hut and we go about 11.30am so we are back out at 12ish to get on the empty rides whilst it gets mega busy in PIzza Hut!

Maybe I'll have one on 14th March when I go back!

Pluk - Roast and Relish is lush, although when I had that last time we were waiting like 20 mins for the turkey to be sorted out and there was a biggish queue because of this - and the sauces are a bit pants kinda special tasting ones that I didn't really want to smother my baguette in would much rather ketchup, mustard or mayo as well as the other sauces! I spent the 20 mins eating sitting on the bench and feeding the ducks, until about 20 came over and it was putting other members of public eating too - I was getting evils! !!

Is this the kebab place by Tidal Wave, opposite the beach? I haven't had them, but I may try them one day. I never used to be a kebab person, but within the last 6 months I have had them more. One of my new year's resolutions is to lay off them, it's working so far.

Presumably we're going to be getting a Burger Kitchen this season? BK is going at AT and Chessie, and I think there were only banner signs for the Canada Creek one near the end of last season, so would make sense. If BK does go, hopefully we don't just get two Burger Kitchens - would like to see some variety!

I'm assuming there will be a Burger Kitchen in the Calpso Quay one, if not then there'll be a great big vacant unit! We can be sure Burger King definitely won't be there (not unless Thorpe have struck a deal). I'd like to see the Canada Creek Burger King converted to some sort of coffee house.

The noodles place is fab. The mexican is brilliant. Roast and Relish is superb. Kebabs are apparently pretty damn good as well. Adore Bar360.

Fish & chips are awful.

Merlin outlets FTW (excluding F&C - an old tussauds brand which they have yet to have updated). They just need to replace KFC with FCC, as that is pure amazeballs.

But it's been confirmed they are leaving the parks? I know nobody hasn't actually said "Burger King is leaving Thorpe Park" but if I find it's still there this year I shall be livid, mainly because it would be obvious Thorpe have made an arrangement to keep them, and I'm tired of them being a special case. If Merlin want to make all parks generally the same for what they offer in food, then they need to include Thorpe in this arrangement. This year, for the first time in years, we haven't seen many, if any, closed season pictures or updates.

Its not about being a "special case", it all depends on the contracts of the franchises, for example whilst KFC was leaving Alton and CWOA at Thorpe the contract still had some years to go.

At the end of the day its up to the park to offer what fits its target audience best, I dont think its worth getting "livid" over..

FTW, F&C, FCC, can we have the full names please?

FTW - for the win. Standard internet abbreviation. :P

F&C - Fish & Chips.

FCC - Fried Chicken Co.

All pretty common abbreviations here which are easier to say; just like with KFC. :)

I hope BK does leave Thorpe to be honest. In my experiences, the Merlin owned food outlets aren't slow at all, bar Bar 360 and similar 'restuarants'. In my experiences, Burger King has never been particularly great, especially compared to quality of the other places at Thorpe, and a Merlin equivalent of it would well received I think.

What's wrong with Burger King? Like Marc said you wait 20 minutes at a hot dog stand (apparently putting a hot dog in a bun is very complicated) or you go to Burger King where the staff are fighting to serve you, and you have your food within minutes of entering the establishment.

What's wrong with Burger King? Like Marc said you wait 20 minutes at a hot dog stand (apparently putting a hot dog in a bun is very complicated) or you go to Burger King where the staff are fighting to serve you, and you have your food within minutes of entering the establishment.

I'm not sure if that's directed at me, RideAddict or both of us, but I've given my reasons with the problems of BK:

I hope BK does leave Thorpe to be honest. In my experiences, the Merlin owned food outlets aren't slow at all, bar Bar 360 and similar 'restuarants'. In my experiences, Burger King has never been particularly great, especially compared to quality of the other places at Thorpe, and a Merlin equivalent of it would well received I think.

:)

Didn't realise you had posted haha wasn't aimed at anyone, just my own opinion whilst quality is good at merlin establishments, I've always found service quite tediously slow :o

Ah, fair enough. :P

It does seem to be case though that Merlin outlets are a bit hit and miss with speed, and it can come down to luck sometimes, but I just seem to be lucky!

Didn't realise you had posted haha wasn't aimed at anyone, just my own opinion whilst quality is good at merlin establishments, I've always found service quite tediously slow :o

I agree with this. At Chessington especially from my experience the Merlin outlets (mainly Rameses Chicken Co.) have been ridiculously slow with queues, and somewhat over polite if that makes sense? When I'm getting fast food I wanna be in, say what I want, get given my food and be done; no faff. And at BK you get the same food everywhere... I suppose it's the advantages of a franchise, knowing what they serve and knowing it'll be what you want wherever you order.

Maybe target market at Thorpe too, I think the franchises are a bit more of an important asset to Thorpe than they are at Towers or Chessington, teens / young adults on a one off trip will probably think BK or Pizza Hut before the Noodle Bar or Roast n Relish. :P

Only problem with BK is them only having 1 card reader, although that may change this season? :lol:

I may not be able to talk about ride queues but I can however talk about these ones

Ah, fair enough. :P

It does seem to be case though that Merlin outlets are a bit hit and miss with speed, and it can come down to luck sometimes, but I just seem to be lucky!

I agree with this. At Chessington especially from my experience the Merlin outlets (mainly Rameses Chicken Co.) have been ridiculously slow with queues, and somewhat over polite if that makes sense? When I'm getting fast food I wanna be in, say what I want, get given my food and be done; no faff.

This shows everything thats different between Thorpe and Chessington, at Chessington F&B it's all about the customer service because units such as FCC and Pizza Pasta get so so busy compared to the like of Burger King, so what if they're over polite.. its just GOOD customer service, at a Merlin unit they'll say to 'enjoy the rest of your day', whereas at places like Burger King at Thorpe (and CWOA) the not very good English speaker of Asian origin will shout NEXT PLEASE before he's even handed over your fries.

I still don't see the fascination with Fried Chicken Co. they're such bad value for money.

At KFC you can get a Fillet burger, chips. drink and piece of chicken for the same price as just a burger, tiny portion of chips and small drink.

You can't just flaunt the Annual Pass discount as justification because in reality, only a minority of people have one...

I come out feeling skint! The average price for a burger, chip and drink is around £7.00, now I don't rate Burger King's burgers as the best around, but I do quabble at paying that much when it's not the best burger, your chips are spilt out of their bag and there is sometimes more ice than cola in the cup. And they're hardly rewarding, at least with McDonald's you've got a chance to get something free with their annual Monopoly competition.

In my experiences, the Merlin owned food outlets aren't slow at all, bar Bar 360 and similar 'restuarants'. In my experiences, Burger King has never been particularly great, especially compared to quality of the other places at Thorpe, and a Merlin equivalent of it would well received I think.

*nods in agreement*

and somewhat over polite if that makes sense?

Nothing wrong with that - when queueing for Pizza & Pasta at Chessington, if there's a small wait by the entrance they ask you how your day is.

I come out feeling skint! The average price for a burger, chip and drink is around £7.00, now I don't rate Burger King's burgers as the best around, but I do quabble at paying that much when it's not the best burger, your chips are spilt out of their bag and there is sometimes more ice than cola in the cup. And they're hardly rewarding, at least with McDonald's you've got a chance to get something free with their annual Monopoly competition.

*nods in agreement*

Nothing wrong with that - when queueing for Pizza & Pasta at Chessington, if there's a small wait by the entrance they ask you how your day is.

It's a franchise, what do you expect? That price is reasonable considering it a theme park. I personally would much rather pay that and know what I'm getting out of it. Now I'm not saying that its how it should run but at the end of the day it's how it is. Be livid if it's still there all you want, see how far that gets you (Y)

I used to agree with this until FCC at towers, which serves as quickly as KFC with (imo) better quality food, and the customer service is far better than KFC. Sure, sometimes they can let you down but they're genuinely far more friendlier and just.. better.. than the franchised outlets staff. You don't generally realise how poor the previous staff were until you try out the new guys.

FCC @ Chessie is a tiny outlet, not built for serving fast food whereas the old KFC/BK outlets are perfect for it, and I think merlin would easily cope with it should they take them back at thorpe.