Food Outlets

Cringle

Lego doesn't do discount in it's carts and stands, it used to be due to the till system.. now it's down to pure lazyness.

Lego isn't fun without discount.

Thats a part lie. Stand's offer discounts, Carts do not. The stands have the proper tills whereas the carts have corner shop tills.

Glad KFC / Burger king and are still there.

:glare:

I'm sick of this. Why are Thorpe such a special case?! Well I am never using Burger King again anywhere, and I stopped having KFC's about 6 years ago. I'll still use PH though because that's different, they may be the only PH in Merlin parks but they deserve their place.

Why the rage at Burger King? It's not like there's not plenty of other choices on ark if that's not what you fancy. They must be remaining because either they are under contract (which would cost Thorpe money to get out of) or because it works for them (makes Thorpe money).

All about the Benjamins.

Was just wondering whether someone would be able to give me a quick member menu of Roast and Relish as Thorpe still haven't uploaded one a year after it opened? Am curious about trying one on the next visit but I always like to know the menu before hand.

Many Thanks

From what I remember, the Menu was quite limited and changed a couple of times during the season.

There was a choice of a couple of baguettes. At the beginning of the season, it was a choice between Pork and Gammon, and I think Beef cropped up later, replacing Gammon at one point. I only ever saw a maximum choice of two different flavours though. You could have optional extras of crackling or stuffing, as well as some sauces / dressings. It could change this season though.

Would recommend you try it though - good value and very tasty!

Why the rage at Burger King? It's not like there's not plenty of other choices on ark if that's not what you fancy. They must be remaining because either they are under contract (which would cost Thorpe money to get out of) or because it works for them (makes Thorpe money).

But why ditch the Chessington and Alton ones then? I don't always fancy a burger, it did use to be case I would only use McDonald's at Chessington and Alton, but I stopped that years ago because no sooner had I swallowed it and got on a ride, I was hungry again!

Nobody is forcing anyone to eat at a branded restaurant.... The fact that these places even exist at the park is because enough people like them enough to go and spend money there.

If you are that offended by BK and KFC, go to Calypso BBQ or 360 Bar & Grill. They are both great, and you'll get an Annual Pass discount. In fact nobody is forcing you to eat at any of the outlets at all! Bring your own if you feel that strongly about it!

Merlin's parks have unbelievably good food considering that they are a theme park chain! Stereotypical theme park food consists of donuts and dodgy plastic hot dogs. Thorpe has so much more choice than that.

But why ditch the Chessington and Alton ones then?

Like I said, because that is what works for those parks. Whether it be contract or customer differences, they will have done it for a reason, and that reason ultimately is to make money.

If you want a different burger bar 360, the BBQ and KFC all do other burgers. If you want something other than burgers there is huge choice on the park really.

The parks will naturally make a far higher amount from running the units themselves than having franchises.. and merlin themselves are obviously very confident in running the places themselves again (otherwise they would not have been removed from towers - naturally the busiest outlets are there).

Merlin will get rid of eventually. It'll be a natural thing for them to do.