Food Outlets

Cringle

No more "2 meals for £x.xx" at Bar 360 which is a shame, but the menu has been tweaked a bit to add some more appealing healthy options and quality seemed pretty decent on Sunday. Food took quite a while to come but service was friendly. The bill came up when the plates were taken away and then we had to pay at the bar. I'm just hoping they don't get too many people doing a runner without paying!

No more "2 meals for £x.xx" at Bar 360 which is a shame, but the menu has been tweaked a bit to add some more appealing healthy options and quality seemed pretty decent on Sunday.

Would you consider it more reflective of Woodcutters at Alton Towers now then? They never had a "Two meals for £" deal, but had a more varied menu?

I have to admit most dishes in 360 used to be around £7-£8 anyway, which isn't too bad considering the quality of the food in reflection to Burger King and KFC. But Pizza Hut will always hold the cards for me... even if it has gone up 25p this year :glare:

I also went to the Mexican Cantina on Saturday.

As pretty much already mentioned, the food was pretty good (I had BBQ chicken) and fairly reasonable for price, but it certainly needs a bigger selection of food as pretty much as Pluk said, it was just Burritos and nachos available, which just four toppings (I think), BBQ Chicken, Mild a chicken, beef and veggie.

The extension though has done very nicely and fits within the area very well.

I also went to the Mexican Cantina on Saturday.

As pretty much already mentioned, the food was pretty good (I had BBQ chicken) and fairly reasonable for price, but it certainly needs a bigger selection of food as pretty as Pluk said, it was just Burritos and nachos available, which just four toppings (I think), BBQ Chicken, Mild a chicken, beef and veggie.

The extension though has done very nicely and fits within the area very well.

Not meant personally Matt; but I don't understand why people are complaining about Mexican Cantina's offering now; it hasn't changed. And Towers and LegoLand has an identical menu for theirs (I can't comment on Chessington as I've never seen it open).

I'm personally a big fan of Cantina; I think it's something different and I'm glad to see it has had an extension as it did used to get busy at peak times. And I can't say I have any issue with the menu, I love Beef Nachos with cheese on :D

I'm not complaining about it 'now', I've never been in it before to compare it to previous, but it is a really limited menu.

And I can't say I have any issue with the menu, I love Beef Nachos with cheese on :D

See, even that wasn't a listed option as far as I saw. It was literally 4 variety of burritos (chicken, beef, veg, somethingelse) served with nachos. A choice of fries or nachos would be a start, but there are so many possibilities with Mexican it is a shame to have nothing else. It was delish though, so I'm not complaining at all really!

I've never eaten in any of the mexican outlets in Merlin parks because of the limited menu, I would rather have burrios (similar to Chipotle, tortilla & chilango restaurants) than the current option of Fajitas. The website menu (https://www.thorpepark.com/downloads/plan-your-visit/food-drink/2013/desperados.pdf) is still showing fajitas as the only option?

The website menu (https://www.thorpepark.com/downloads/plan-your-visit/food-drink/2013/desperados.pdf) is still showing fajitas as the only option?

Fajitas Meal or Nacho's Meal... the option I was referring to is there? I think what people don't realise is it has a similar set up to a Subway. You order a base product, so either a Fajita or a Nachos; and then choose your main topping and side toppings. The menu doesn't really give depth to what is actually offered...

Fajitas Meal or Nacho's Meal... the option I was referring to is there? I think what people don't realise is it has a similar set up to a Subway. You order a base product, so either a Fajita or a Nachos; and then choose your main topping and side toppings. The menu doesn't really give depth to what is actually offered...

I'm going to suggest that this has not been updated yet, the download comes from this page which still says indoor and outdoor seating which is wrong now. Neither fajitas or nachos were an option, but burritos (not on that menu) were. I didn't notice any 'old el paso' signage either, so maybe they've changed supplier? Or maybe I just wasn't looking.

I'm going to suggest that this has not been updated yet, the download comes from this page which still says indoor and outdoor seating which is wrong now. Neither fajitas or nachos were an option, but burritos (not on that menu) were. I didn't notice any 'old el paso' signage either, so maybe they've changed supplier? Or maybe I just wasn't looking.

Maybe I just ask for something and get it then? I'm not sure. All I know is whenever I ate their last year I got a Nachos meal, and when I ate at Alton Towers' Mexican Cantina by the Flume at Half Term I got a Nachos meal :wacko:

• 1 year later...

Wow, it's taken Thorpe a long time to plug those freestyles in! When did people claim to have seen them be delivered, 2012 was it?!

Think I'm right in saying the pizza stand has been used during summer nights / Mos pretty much since the events started?

• 9 months later...