Fastrack

Jake C

• 4 months later...

Fastrack at Alton is MUCH better value than Thorpe. The prices are lower and you get given an allocated time slot, and they sell a limited amount so it doesn't become a mess like Thorpe.Fastrack Thrills - £8 - Nemesis, Air, Oblivion and The Flume.Fastrack Adventurer - £4 - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Runaway Mine Train and Corkscrew.Fastrack Rita - £4 - This is an add-on fastrack ticket which will add Rita Queen of Speed to your fastrack ticket.Fastrack One Shot - £3 - Allows one ride on Nemesis, Oblivion or The Flume.Fastrack Ultimate - £30 - Unlimited rides on Battle Galleons, Heave Ho, Marauders Mayhem, Rita, Air, Nemesis, Ripsaw, Oblivion, Enterprise, Submission, Corkscrew, Hex, The Flume, Duel, Congo River Rapids, Spinball Whizzer, Runaway Mine Train and Charlie & The Chocolate Factory.

Fastrack Ultimate is £40.

• 9 months later...

I believe the only parks that offer a free service are the Disney Parks (and even they were trialling an upcharge not so long ago), Even Disney have their issues with it, but luckily their parks can cope much better because they're bigger and have more attractions, plus their rides have just the most insane throughputs.I find it does work quite well at Alton, they don't seem to sell so many that they cannot cope- they seem to have got the balance just right.

I believe the only parks that offer a free service are the Disney Parks (and even they were trialling an upcharge not so long ago), Even Disney have their issues with it, but luckily their parks can cope much better because they're bigger and have more attractions, plus their rides have just the most insane throughputs.I find it does work quite well at Alton, they don't seem to sell so many that they cannot cope- they seem to have got the balance just right.

Yeah I heard that they were thinking about charging but currently disney have the only free fastrack system in the world I just wish merlin could have one ride which was free so disney couldent say that!

• 2 years later...

The fastrack prices have gone up again and the packages have changed- no mention of the smiler in any of the packages but each of them has gone up by at least £2

Check the pages out:

http://www.altontowers.com/events/fast-track/#Fastrackpackages

Check out the premium ones too as the silver package seems good value for money :)

If the smiler is inserted in one of these I may just buy one :P

That is all much neater than before in terms of packages, and the price creeping up is a very good thing. But this...

Unlimited Fastrack riding all day long on the following rides as many times as you want:

• Sonic Spinball
  • TH13TEEN
  • Runaway Mine Train
  • The Flum

...better be a misprint! Surely? It must be! Unlimited fastrack (on Spinball and RMT especially but will do 13 no favours and flume will be bad when it's hot) sounds like an absolute disaster for £12. I was under the impression Spinball already operated with properly timed tickets because it fails so wildly at throughputs? Moving it to a basic unlimited will surely mean pretty much the only way of riding it will be with fastrack!

Yeah that's definitely a misprint.

Smiler won't be available on fastrack for the fair majority of the season. Maybe from Sept, depending on how well the ride is running operationally. The place isn't thorpe, and doesn't try and destroy it's reputation or operations with fastrack.

Good because I am visiting in October and I think I might need a fastrack ;)

I hope they put it in the one for £21, I think it is the silver package, it looks quite good value for money, cheaper than at thorpe park anyway but the ultimate fastrack is more expensive!