Fastrack

Jake C

Fastrack at Alton is MUCH better value than Thorpe. The prices are lower and you get given an allocated time slot, and they sell a limited amount so it doesn't become a mess like Thorpe.Fastrack Thrills - £8 - Nemesis, Air, Oblivion and The Flume.Fastrack Adventurer - £4 - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Runaway Mine Train and Corkscrew.Fastrack Rita - £4 - This is an add-on fastrack ticket which will add Rita Queen of Speed to your fastrack ticket.Fastrack One Shot - £3 - Allows one ride on Nemesis, Oblivion or The Flume.Fastrack Ultimate - £30 - Unlimited rides on Battle Galleons, Heave Ho, Marauders Mayhem, Rita, Air, Nemesis, Ripsaw, Oblivion, Enterprise, Submission, Corkscrew, Hex, The Flume, Duel, Congo River Rapids, Spinball Whizzer, Runaway Mine Train and Charlie & The Chocolate Factory.

Fast track Ultimate at Alton Towers is just one Fast track per ride included.

One day admission to Alton Towers theme park plus one Fastrack ride on: Air, Nemesis, Rita, Ripsaw, Duel, Rapids, Hex, Spinball, Runaway Mine Train, Oblivion, Corkscrew, The Flume, Enterprise, Submission, Charlie, Battle Galleons, Heave Ho & Marauders Mayhem.

I think the thing with Alton's fastrack is that their rides can handle the system. Nemesis, Air, Oblivion and The Flume, The lowest one there is Nemesis and even that's 1200 which is an impressive number. Then look at Thorpe. They've got it on rides like Samurai and Vortex which are terrible at eating through people.Alton also have reliable rides (with the exception of Rita :) ) which means you are less likely to get everyone from Oblivion trying to go on Air for example. Alton have the system far better with much less tickets given out meaning there is less impact on the queue itself.Things like the Ultimate at Thorpe really do get on my nerves. For instance tpKabz for example. Riding Stealth 35 times. I mean was it really that different from the first or second time you rode it that day. I can understand the normal fastrack's parks sell but the ultimate really is one I don't like.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

At Thorpe they should make a "daredevil" one which lets you get on once on Stealth, Saw, Colossus, Nemises Inferno, Tidal, Rush, Samurai, Vortex and Slammer For £20 each.

It's a good concept, and I think it would be a good seller. Fastrack is generally too expensive anyway. Even if the Ultimate was £20, I still wouldn't buy it. (Unless I had an Annual Pass). Thorpe Park should take a page out of Alton's Book, and do a fastrack that allows you to ride all of the Fastrack attractions once. I think a lot more people would buy that ticket, than an unlimited one but costing £30 or so more. That's an idea for Thorpe, New Ultimate Fastrack - £20. Allows you on all of the Fastrack rides once. If I had an annual pass, I would buy that as well.

Thorpe Park should take a page out of Alton's Book, and do a fastrack that allows you to ride all of the Fastrack attractions once

For £30? No thanks, I would rarther pay £20 extra and do them unlimited times, mind you I would only ever consider getting that at FN.