Political Discussion

MikeC

The EU Referendum  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should Britain leave The European Union?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Undecided.

But the second runway at Gatwick will wipe out the historical village, Charlwood (where I have lived twice too!). Not good!What? I swear there was a post just now, but now it's gone :unsure:Grr :unsure:

Edited by Michaela
;)

• 1 year later...

I have just read a very intresting article by Matthew Goodwin of the bbc.The article goes into some details about how the right wing is viewed within our country whilst in places such as the Netherlands the right win have rose to power. It is very interesting to see that despite the fact that over half of our population where concerned by the influx of immigration into our country, people would see it as bad to vote right wing. The writer ends by writing "My view is that if they were free of baggage and political amateurism they would be met with significant support." a very valid point that I really do aggree with. I would be one of the last people that you would find voting BNP , an awful party of which their manifesto's have been filled with absolute crap for years. But really, is there a party out there without the awful label of the BNP that puts British people first. I've looked into UKIP and other parties, but there is just something about them that seems , well , nazi-like. Anyway, have a read and give your thoughts.

I have just read a very intresting article by Matthew Goodwin of the bbc.The article goes into some details about how the right wing is viewed within our country whilst in places such as the Netherlands the right win have rose to power. It is very interesting to see that despite the fact that over half of our population where concerned by the influx of immigration into our country, people would see it as bad to vote right wing. The writer ends by writing "My view is that if they were free of baggage and political amateurism they would be met with significant support." a very valid point that I really do aggree with. I would be one of the last people that you would find voting BNP , an awful party of which their manifesto's have been filled with absolute crap for years. But really, is there a party out there without the awful label of the BNP that puts British people first. I've looked into UKIP and other parties, but there is just something about them that seems , well , nazi-like. Anyway, have a read and give your thoughts.

Because that's how the Nazis are unfortunately Jack.If you see colour as being a blockade to the country moving forward, then what right do you have to live in this country? (I ask this in general, not aimed at you Jack :))We are a country of tolerance, we are a naturally successful country however had it not been for Raj down the street, or Tyrone for his work then this country wouldn't be as great as it currently is.The only genuine issue I have is with people coming to this country and illegitimately staying here, and not chipping there services into the country.If you come here, work hard, earn a decent wage and pay your taxes, I have NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING against you. Because it's a lot more than Dale Farm has to offer us.That is all.

Unfortunately the idiotic views of the BNP and their ilk have tarnished whole swaths of political points of view with the brush of racism, extremism and Nazism.

It seems to me it's not possible to have any meaningful opinion or debate about immigration (among many other things) without being labelled racist by someone somewhere. Politicians know this so keep quite about and do not act on things which need to be disused and fixed. What does this do? Leaves people with concerns about those things with no one to turn to other than the BNP, so they grow in popularity even though they are a bunch of ridiculous racist halfwits.

Because that's how the Nazis are unfortunately Jack.If you see colour as being a blockade to the country moving forward, then what right do you have to live in this country? (I ask this in general, not aimed at you Jack :))We are a country of tolerance, we are a naturally successful country however had it not been for Raj down the street, or Tyrone for his work then this country wouldn't be as great as it currently is.The only genuine issue I have is with people coming to this country and illegitimately staying here, and not chipping there services into the country.If you come here, work hard, earn a decent wage and pay your taxes, I have NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING against you. Because it's a lot more than Dale Farm has to offer us.That is all.

Agreed there, but what if there was a party that wasn't racist and actually tackled our problems. My main concern is that we have places such as Croydon and Thornton Heath (where I work) where I am one of the onlly white person on every bus, the only white person walking down the street, the only person talking english in the cafe every morning, unfortunately, that means that we have failed.People who immigrate to this country and actually socialize with British people are excellent, but this country has failed in doing that. This is not a Multi-Cultural society, you have areas of mainly non-british and then areas of british people.

Unfortunately the idiotic views of the BNP and their ilk have tarnished whole swaths of political points of view with the brush of racism, extremism and Nazism.It seems to me it's not possible to have any meaningful opinion or debate about immigration (amongst many other things, including our friends at Dale Farm) without being labelled racist by someone somewhere. Politicians known this so keep quite about and do not fix things which need to be disused and fixed. What does this do? Leaves people with concerns about those things with no one to turn to other than the BNP, so they grow in popularity even though they are a bunch of ridiculous racist halfwits.

This.

• 2 years later...

Noone here has done any politics for two and a half years? Shame on us.

Today is the European elections. Go and vote if you are old enough, it's good for you

Not sure who to vote for? Here's a little help.

533396097.jpg

http://uk.isidewith.com/results/533396097

Although I wouldn't take the results too seriously, suffice to say I won't be voting ukip and don't believe my views are in line with theirs. At least I hope not!

^I just quickly took that quiz. Says I most side with the Scottish Nationals, despite the fact that I don't think Scotland should become independent... :lol:

On a serious note, I'm exercising my right to vote by not voting. At home, I live in a very Conservative-strong area and, unfortunately, I'm somewhat anti-Tory. Even the European Elections will led to so, so many Tory voters.

In fact, it's so Conservative-strong, I just don't see the point in adding my vote. Any difference my vote would make would likely end up being superficial anyway, so I just don't see the point. Whatever happens, it's not like me voting or not voting makes a difference, so may as well just let time past until we're in an anarcho-communist situation. Then I'd be happy.

Took the quiz and it's sided with the 2 main parties I usually go for. Quite enjoyed that quiz, I do like a bit of politics I do :)

533707434.jpg

http://uk.isidewith.com/results/533707434

Was however very surprised at how low I ranked with people like Labour & Lib Dems according when I was younger I was a big Lib Dem supporter!

Generally how I have been voting of late is UKIP for European Elections, Conservatives for Government & Lib Dems for local government. In my area no chance of conservatives winning so Lib dems are the only hope of finally getting rid of Labour!

70% Labour apparently...

Not that I'm voting today, because I think the major parties are all awful anyway... There's so many flaws in politics and the way in which the country is run overall the only real way to change things is for a complete and utter revamp of the entire state...

Of course that will never happen... So hopefully in the future I can emigrate to somewhere good, like Sweden or Denmark...

One thing I have noticed with a lot of peoples results is that all the percentages from 1st to 5th don't have a huge pecentage gap between positions, with 5th place being in the late 50s early 60s whereas mine have a close 1st & 2nd place and then 3rd is half the support and the 4th & 5th are nearly a quarter of my first 2. Big differences compared to the rest of ya.

Does this make me an extremist! :o

Interesting. Though every political poll I've taken recently puts me as being Cons / Lib Dem.

529242280.jpg

After much research over the past week or so and my general views... I'd say when it comes to Europe I'd side with Lib Dem views on that. But when it comes to UK Government I'd lean more towards Conservative policies.

I'm surprised UKIP got 70% with me... That's a little too high for comfort haha.

What use is a democracy when you're forced to vote just because we have 'the right'? When this country is in dire need of intelligent, progressive voters I'll vote - but for the time being I consider myself lucky that the ConDems aren't making any *significant* changes to my life. I have a job and I live very comfortably.

UKIP and it's blind, jaded and backwards followers are being mislead by scare tactics. UKIP have no real solution to any of their questions, just a bunch of closet racists making noise.

There IS a way forward to make Britain our own, but shutting the world out isn't part of that solution. It's a shame that people are so fickle.