Detonator

Lewie900

• 5 months later...

(double post but oh well it was baout 4/5 months ago the last one!)Right, I dont know if anyone else has noticed but the current Detonator track has a funny thing, and when listening through headphones only plays through one side and the other is randmo noises. Well I did some investigated and have now managed to get it playing through both sides of the headphones! :lol:

(double post but oh well it was baout 4/5 months ago the last one!)Right, I dont know if anyone else has noticed but the current Detonator track has a funny thing, and when listening through headphones only plays through one side and the other is randmo noises. Well I did some investigated and have now managed to get it playing through both sides of the headphones! :lol:

I think I know what you're on about! I had it but when I played it in Windows Medya Player it was fine. Hmmm.

If its like the old (by far better) tune, its like they have set it up so the left channel is the platform/ride and the right channel is the queue. So its all played from one audio track. Simples.

Exactly it, now the left / right channels are for platform / top of tower so they dont always have stuff playing up there and the queue line separate

• 6 months later...

And Vortex (yaaaaay). ;)And Zodiac if we use its OFFICIAL opening year after being used as a replacement after the fire!I want to go on tropical travels! ;)

Vortex opened in June 2001. In March 2001 it was still a building site. Not its birthday yet.The current Zodiac is not the one that opened in 2001. Therefore, the pedant wins and it is Detonator only that celebrates its 10th birthday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Went on good ol' Detty today and had an interactive operator who loved his tannoy. He made us do the mexican wave by waving our feet and tapping the person to our right, said he wouldnt let us down til we did it. It went well til right at the end when someone refused to and we were up for about thirty seconds. Looved it and gave praise at guest services. Loove interaction. Good job lad.

Went on good ol' Detty today and had an interactive operator who loved his tannoy. He made us do the mexican wave by waving our feet and tapping the person to our right, said he wouldnt let us down til we did it. It went well til right at the end when someone refused to and we were up for about thirty seconds. Looved it and gave praise at guest services. Loove interaction. Good job lad.

Lots of rep. If someone delivers customer service like that, you absolutely should go to guest services and let them know that the staff you encountered were excellent.:)

Is it true that Detonator was the temporary replacement that kind of... stayed?Or is that TTF talking bull?

Yeah actually :) When it was constructed it had 5 year planning permission. In 2006 the park applied to further this and here we are in 2011, celebrating (I say celebrating, I doubt anyone outside of Marc and I actually noticed) its tenth birthday.

I never knew that. I always thought the Enterprise was drafted in to replace the burnt out Witches and damaged Tropical Travels. Then they rethemed it and made it Zodiac, built Detonator and Vortex all together to create the "Sensory Overload" campaign they had. So was it only Detonator which was originally temporary or was Vortex and Zodiac originally temporary as well?

Ah, you misunderstand. Zodiac was completely temporary and was bought very cheaply from the fairground that just happened to be in the area at the time. Detonator and Vortex were always intended to be permanent structures. At the time, Detonator was the highest ride in the park and that was the reason for its temporary planning permission. Once Thorpe got permission for Stealth at 205 feet, it seemed obvious that Detonators planning permission would/should be permanent.

I went on detty recently and noticed there were a couple of bones on the roof above burger king :/ was quite funny for my friend to say what are those bones up there I replied saying this are the people that die here lol he went White as a ghost :blush: It was a good expierence again I thought once was enough last time I was on but went on again to my amazement , the countdown was a little bad timed it dropped on 3 maybe to catch people out :/ but the overall effect was better .

• Mattgwise changed the title to Detonator