Detonator

Lewie900

It sounded much louder yesterday than it was earlier in the season, unless its been turned down again!

Yeah think it's been turned down again then, it's defiantly not as loud as it was last season :(

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Detonator looks absoloutely horrendous! It would have looked better if they had just left it as it was.

They've literally changed a couple of signs and stuck a model of a bird near it? How on earth can that make it look "absolutely horrendous" compared to what it was before? :S

They've literally changed a couple of signs and stuck a model of a bird near it? How on earth can that make it look "absolutely horrendous" compared to what it was before? :S

It doesn't fit in at all, either with Angry Birds or the surroundings. Just looks naff.

The thing is, Thorpe clearly don't want people to tie it too much with Angry Birds!

Look at it people, it's still called Detonator albeit with a bit of an addition to the name, and the audio has remained. I would truly say if it wasn't down to the ride's location for where Angry Birds was being placed for 4D, I doubt they'd purposely include it - and even then I think they've included it because it'd be a bit awkwardly placed to not include it, without actually wanting to include it if you get what I mean.

I don't even know what some of you were expecting to happen to this.

I laughed when I read people telling themselves this things getting a complete repaint and a model stuck on top.

What they've done with it is all it needs in my eyes, apart from yes, an audio change, that is definitely what should have been done.

I know it was rumoured it would get a bird on top but I'm not too sure where this rumour came from - They would of needed planning permission for such a thing.

They could retheme the cage to a nest although not to sure how practical that would be with engineers needing to go up each day!

I know it was rumoured it would get a bird on top but I'm not too sure where this rumour came from - They would of needed planning permission for such a thing.

They could retheme the cage to a nest although not to sure how practical that would be with engineers needing to go up each day!

I think the rumour came from the map, it has the bird at the top of the new map.

I think it's a bit of a shame that more hasn't been done to bring it on theme, especially as the mechanics of the ride actually suite the game theme of things being knocked down.

If they couldn't or didn't want to do anything with it would it have been better to move the entrance instead? I'm sure it could be accessed from either of the other sides that isn't kfc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Slightly random, but found out that Detonator is now included in the Unlimited Fastrack, rather than getting a single Detonator Fastrack ticket - I always wondered why it was seperate! 

It was because of it's low capacity I guess, but there are other rides which have similar like Slammer, Vortex and Depth Charge. They might of also put it in because of the VIP passes, because they have paid for unlimited Fast Track for everything.

I think it's better now that it's in, it's a bit silly just having 1 exclusion on the Fast Track. If the Fast Track does does start getting busy of Detonator though they should limit it again. Detonator has been pretty busy lately, getting 40+ minute queues

• 1 month later...
  • Mattgwise changed the title to Detonator