Detonator

Lewie900

Love the ride - one of the best.Its adrenalin rush is second to none, and I love how the queue build up the suspense as it creeps around the tower.But it's the space next to it which gets on my nerves... Just fill it with another powered launch TP!! Would be great IMO.

What space next to it?

Launch Towers need to be fairly tall (130ft-ish) to work well. Which isn't possible due to planning permission, and would over-shadow Detonator.

Build it underground as part of the volcano - that would work really well next to NI - it could be a large crater.Expensive, I know - but a really good idea imoSteam/Mist machines too...

Build it underground as part of the volcano - that would work really well next to NI - it could be a large crater.Expensive, I know - but a really good idea imoSteam/Mist machines too...

Oh, great idea... the paving bricks could go all edgy and break up, looking like the volcano has been pushed up from beneath the ground.

I agree with Gareth - a launch tower would IN MY OPINION be better than Detty. I always hate creeping up the tower!

Creeping up the tower is the best part, In fact I would love it if it was 200ft and went up really slowly and u stayed up there for 20secs. now THAT would be a scary Detonator :) I Do love Detty though.

Creeping up the tower is the best part, In fact I would love it if it was 200ft and went up really slowly and u stayed up there for 20secs. now THAT would be a scary Detonator :) I Do love Detty though.

Well tbh drop towers I dont think shouldn't be above a certain height, because for example Hurrikan Condor...I mean it's a good ride, but the drop seems to go on for a bit longer than it should IMO. That's why Detty is so unique, it's one the most intense drop towers, but also one of the smallest.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I prefer Detonator to Apocalypse too, I only did the stand-up one on Apocalypse and it still wasn't as forceful as Detonator. It's great how a rides soundtrack can change somebodys opinion on a ride. Apocalypses tension seemed to be created by the whole ride, station and area having an industrial / run down theme to it (although that could just be Drayon's bad maintainence :rolleyes: ), Thorpe achieved that tension on Detonator just by having 4 speakers at the top.

Yeah it is slightly odd. I love the 2007 soundtrack (not keen on the 2008 one, it sounds too remixy), but it's just not great at the park. The ticking made it more fearful for me than the countdown cos you didn't know when you were gonna drop with the ticking, but hey, thats just how it goes.

• 1 month later...

The new theme is ok but it doesn't really fit the "calypso" style as much as the old theme did. Also, they kept the original countdown and just pasted it into the new soundtrack. It doesn't really work, whereas the old theme fitted nicely with the countdown. But I do think the voiceover, ("Hold On Tight, And Prepare For Detonation!"), is better than the original voice.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Detonator