Detonator

Lewie900

Was just thinking (whilst reading the Rush topic) and I'm sure I've read somewhere that Detonator was the first drop tower made by Fabbri therefore making it a prototype of some kind? Was probably some sort of dream but thought it was worth a mention :angry2:

I don't know how true this is, but I would have hated to be the first one riding a "prototype" on opening back in 2001!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My my isnt it high when you get up there :(I went on it for the first time this season and got up there and was like ohhh this is definatly higher than it looks :P Brilliant ride though :)

It really doesn't look high but it really feels like it when you are up there :PTotally agree great ride ;)

I respectfully disagree. Detty punches well above it's weight ( in this case height :D ) it's much more forceful and powerful than many larger drop towers. I do wish it was taller and had a higher throughput but it is by far the best ride IMO they could have got to fit in the height limit .Edit: On that stand up note. That would be awesome!! :D . What I think they should do , is build an identical detty tower but with standup seats :)

I don't think it does honestly.The ride, I do believe, is unlike most drop towers, as it pushes you down as opposed to dropping you - thus making it very forceful. While making it bigger would prolong the ride, it would take away the forcefulness - something which should not happen...

• Mattgwise changed the title to Detonator