Detonator

Lewie900

Hmm, its got steadily worse each year. The queue is a bit of a shambles. The seats have been needing manual releases after each ride for about 3 seasons now, the audio is quiet now and it doesn't feel as forceful as it once did, should get some new pistons at the top IMO.Shame really, its a great ride, really packs a punch.

But saying that, you can and will get banned from the park for posting stuff like that - it's strictly against park rules. Insurance states that restraints have to be securely against you, and you putting the park at risk can damage your insurance claim if something (and it is incredibly unlikely) goes wrong, as you weren't following the parks rules.Don't try and get that little bit of airtime - people have done it and died before (not in the UK, however it happens a lot in the USA). Not saying don't have fun, but don't blatantly disregard the park's rules guys!

But saying that, you can and will get banned from the park for posting stuff like that - 3 click challenges are illegal and strictly against park rules. Insurance states that restraints have to be securely against you, and you putting the park at risk can damage your insurance claim if something (and it is incredibly unlikely) goes wrong, as you weren't following the parks rules.Don't try and get that little bit of airtime - people have done it and died before (not in the UK, however it happens a lot in the USA). Not saying don't have fun, but don't blatantly disregard the park's rules guys!

Very Well Said, Your basically putting your life at risk, The point is to have FUN so don't take it too far

Okay, I will disagree. A loose restraint is unlikely to kill you or significantly put your life at risk. Most rides have secondary restraints which are there should the primary ones fail. Rides like Nemesis Inferno, Colossus etc, are more comfortable with tight restraints, whereas drop towers and woodies give a far better thrill with a loose restraint. Ofcourse I am not talking about a restraint so loost that you could come out of your seat, but loose enough to enjoy the airtime. :)

Okay, I will disagree. A loose restraint is unlikely to kill you or significantly put your life at risk. Most rides have secondary restraints which are there should the primary ones fail. Rides like Nemesis Inferno, Colossus etc, are more comfortable with tight restraints, whereas drop towers and woodies give a far better thrill with a loose restraint. Ofcourse I am not talking about a restraint so loost that you could come out of your seat, but loose enough to enjoy the airtime. :)

I knwo its ok to have it slightly loose but I'm on about the things like 3-click challenge and stuff

I didn't know the Detonator three click challenge was illegal :)

Just to add to what I said earlier... please don't g around opening your seatbelts mid-ride, because they really are your secondary mechanism and it is there to make sure your life isn't endangered.

Hmm.. To be honest the seatbelts would do very little. Some B&M's for instance such as Dragon Khan don't have them. They seem to be a peace of mind measure more then a "it will save your life" measure. That being said there's no reason you would undo the seatbelt anyway.

Detonator seems to be 50/50. Some days it has a good days and and some it has bad. It seems that since they introduced the awful music that you can't hear when walking past it hs gone downhill. I haven't rode it since mid-2006. Another thing I hate is the rumbling noise it makes from the box at the side when the catch car is driving back down.

• 3 weeks later...

I HATE THIS RIDE it gives me too many panic atacks because I cant breath and its just very uncomfortable for me tbh I think it should go its a bit of a waste of space if you ask me

Thorpe won't be getting rid of it any time soon. If they did it would be utterly pointless, as there wouldn't be too much else that would fit in that area. It's still popular and one of the best rides in the park, if not the best ride in the park.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Detonator