Detonator

Lewie900

• 1 month later...

The first ever time I went on Detty I was pushed on because everyone else wanted to go on it except me ( I was on a school trip) I was so scared it didnt look to high from the ground but when you are up there it seem bigger. Anyway when I first went on it time seemed a lot slower when we was going to the top it seemed to take for ever to get up there. Then the countdown started and by the time we had 2 seconds before detonation B) I was shaking like a leaf then when I got off I said never again then 1 hour later I was back on it and I have loved it ever since. I think riding in the dark is best seeing the whole park lit up. B)

I remember the first time I had a ride on detonator I hated it and I actually ran away from the ride as soon as the restraints were lifted B)

I didnt run away first time after the restraints were lifted I just said never again then 1 hour later I was back on. One of my top rides in the park I love it. B)

The scariest part is being lifted up. The feeling of loosing the floor and the loose restraints just scares the hell outta me.What's more scary, though this has never happened to me, is if the car was stuck at the top after the countdown. If that happened to me I would just be so scared. Not knowing when it's about to drop is just terrifying.

Even so, if you sit facing Stealth, it's very hard to hear the countdown, let alone any announcements. What gets me everytime is how you can only see the ground in the distance, because the restraints don't let you look down. It's also scary being lifted up because not being able to see the ground means that I'm not quite sure when I've reached the top, so it's always a massive surprise when I hear that clunk as I reach the top. :P

Detonator, argh I will only go on this ride if the other queue's are long, or my friends want to go on it.Going to the top I'm fine, although the first jolt as you leave the ground is odd!But comming down, the initial drop is fine, just a weightless sensation, my stomach 'goes'. But then after a bit the forces are uncomfortable, it feel's like they are pushing on my head, I can't explain it it's just .....wrong!Apocolypse and hurracane condor (sp) didn't feel like this at all to me, they just felt like a weightless feeling (like the initial feeling you get once you have dropped on detonator)

Detonator, argh I will only go on this ride if the other queue's are long, or my friends want to go on it.Going to the top I'm fine, although the first jolt as you leave the ground is odd!But comming down, the initial drop is fine, just a weightless sensation, my stomach 'goes'. But then after a bit the forces are uncomfortable, it feel's like they are pushing on my head, I can't explain it it's just .....wrong!Apocolypse and hurracane condor (sp) didn't feel like this at all to me, they just felt like a weightless feeling (like the initial feeling you get once you have dropped on detonator)

I agree with you there, Hurakan Condor is far better.

For me, Detty is possibly the ride I'm most scared of going on. The feeling when you get strapped in then you start going up and thinking ''I dont want to do this anymore!'' and knowing the only way down is to be dropped is horrible, for me it feels like its NEVER going to stop and its just going to keep dropping until you crash through the floor.. whoa! It always leaves my stomach in the air, but its a ride that I HAVE to go on whenever I go to Thorpe!

That's weird, tbh I actually got bored of Hurakan Condor because it takes so long to reach the ground. And the drop is a bit wimpish when compare to Detonator's.

Yeah, I feel the exact opposite, Detonators drop seems to short and uncomfortable to me, and the height of Hurakan Condor, intimidates me a lot!Although, detonator, for me, whilst uncomfortable on ride left me with a 'rush' far greater than Condor's (If that make's sense)Does Condor, not 'push' you down like detonator then, Just drop you?(Again if that make's sence, I feel like I'm talking rubbish!)

That's because Detonator was made by a manufacturer called 'Fabbri', they're a relatively small, Italian ride manufacturer who also made Quantum. The 'Mega-Drop' (Detonator) was originally meant to be 40 meters, when it was debuted in 2000, but Runnymede wouldn't allow it when Thorpe bought Detonator in 2001. The ride is meant to be for travelling fairs so that's why there aren't many in established parks.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Detonator