TPM Hit London! Sunday 7th December!

MikeC

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark you're not being a very good role model are you?! Being an admin and all... promoting spam. Tut tut. :mellow:Not trying to undermine anyone's authority here but please guys try and keep it off the forum, it makes for an uneasy atmosphere. Members that may have turned up for this might give it a second thought after reading that.

TPM London Meet!Where: LondonTime: 11.15am, meet at Waterloo outside Smiths, clockside.What are we doing: Going around London! Pointless telling you when we're doing it, but probably doing a mix of Dungeons, Madame Tussauds (we'll try and skip the planetarium show, Aardman can suck my balls if they don't like it), perhaps the Eye and then wonder down to NAMCO Arcade for arcadeness and there is McDonalds (where my discount card will dutifully be whored out) if anyone wants something quick to eat. Other than that we can do whatever else anyone wants to do. Nandos probably about 4pm, best to hit Gloucester Road for that one, the O2 is pretty crap tbh.If anyone has any suggestions, post in here. And to get around London via train/tube/tram/bus/slave then you'll need a Zone 1-6 Travelcard, which I believe is about £2 for Child and £4 for Adults, off peak which is when we'll be traveling.Cheers! :mellow:Attendees:SebastianMr LeslieMarcus +1 (Maybe)Ian

Add TommyWillHollyMarcMacI have a further 3 coming with me - Aaron, Laura and JoshPossibilitiesJamesPeterTP DanSheepieHere's the thing. I spoke to Seb about this a while back and suggested that he organise things on here, established member yada yada. The plan, from my point of view, was to have as cheap a weekend as possible - it costs me 1200 miles of fuel, 3 nights in a hotel plus 4 days of buying food... somewhere over £300. This close to christmas, that is a lot of money, so to hear people huffing and puffing about things kinda gets to me - and I have loads of patience and a great sesnse of humour. :PIn any event, I leave home at 6am on Friday, and drive 12 hours to London. Internet access will not be guarenteed for me so I can't faff around.So, I will have to stick with Plan A above:Meet Waterloo 11amLondon Eye - Exclusive CapsuleMadam TussaudsDungeonsNandosSure, they are all Merlin attractions, and anyone who needs, people here have offered free tickets, Seb has offered cheap MacDonalds. The people with me also can offer free tickets to those who need them.So, there you have it, a day in London on the cheap. I really want to meet you guys :P So, who is up for this trip?Peter - AeRo is an old guy, with a great sense of humour, who visits a lot of Theme Parks each year and runs www.ride-guide.co.uk ; Mac is a member on here, and an old friend of mine.

It isn't cheaper James. Plus I tend to travel with a lot of stuff... laptop, cameras etc, I am also bringing Josh down from Lancaster so yeah, the train would cost more.But thanks for the idea :mellow:Edit: it would cost £150 - £200 for the train. Fuel would be around £144