Dragon Falls

Adamm, all the posts I see from you are about the new height restrictions. Just remember it effects everyone and the parks had no control over these changes. Obviously it is an inconvenience but as I said it's not something which Chessington, or any of the other parks can control!

• 4 weeks later...

I love dragon falls, much more than loggers leap. The themeing is what always made it so great for me. I haven't been on it for about 10 years now, but I'm planning on going to Chessie this summer so I'll look forward to seeing any changes.My favourite memory of it is the time we turned around in the boat and went down backwards - it was funny seeing all the ORP screens and there was ours, with the 4 of us the wrong way round! I'm surprised we didn't get told off for that!! Also the time we all pretended to be asleep, but I'm sure everyone's done that!!

. I haven't been on it for about 10 years now, but I'm planning on going to Chessie this summer so I'll look forward to seeing any changes.

If it's 10 years since you've seen it I'm afraid the only changes are ones you will not want to be looking forward to!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

3 reasons I think the Bayon faces will return to the ride:

Firstly, a recent look at where the Bayon faces sat around the drop reveal evidence that work is getting them ready for to return at some point. The area I mean is behind the gate to the left of Tomb Blaster's entrance, accessible to engineers only. The only way you can see it is to go up the stairs on Tomb Blaster's entrance, and look out to the right - from here, you get a good clear view over the gates. I'm due to visit again soon, and I shall take my camera and get a photo of the current state of it, as 2 large blocks of conrete the Bayon faces sat on still exists. Even when this is back open, riders won't really be able to see this by looking over the side of a boat before going down the drop.

Secondly, this still exists:

fucjky.jpg

It's only a small detail and probably the least of their worries, but even the sign explaining about Angkor Wat is still there.

Thirdly, this year's park map shows the Bayon faces.

I don't want to offend nobody, but this is not a good ride.Loggers Leap is a fantastic log flume, but this one is boring and predictable.I'm not trying to be rude, but Loggers is clearly superior to this.The drop is okay I guess.

Yeah but being tame suits Chessington's target audience. If you think of it as a 'my first flume' experience then it's exactly what it needs to be.

Thirdly, this year's park map shows the Bayon faces.

Good spot. But rather than confirming their return I'd say it is very clear tell that this was not part of any planned multi £m investment/upgrade (or however they've worded their positive spin), but a knee jerk reaction to a whole host of problems they've found last minute.

I don't want to offend nobody, but this is not a good ride.Loggers Leap is a fantastic log flume, but this one is boring and predictable.I'm not trying to be rude, but Loggers is clearly superior to this.The drop is okay I guess.

Despite the recent hatchet job the scenery is still much better than Loggers and added with the drops for me makes DF a more complete experience. Plus, give me filtered water any day over that awful lake water pumped through LL :P

ALL HOPE MAY NOT BE LOST FOR DRAGON FALLS!!!!!

Chessington have revealed this on thier updates page...

"Dragon Falls is being re-themed and we would like your help. Sketch your vision of what Dragon Falls should look like and you could see your design come to life and win a family Chessington Annual Pass.

If you want to help send your drawings in an email to: adventure@chessington.co.uk

Don’t forget that Dragon Falls is located in Mystic East so will need to fit into an oriental theme"

Although the ride opens in less than a week after its rehab we could see it as something to happen between the closed season of 2013 & 2014!

ALL HOPE MAY NOT BE LOST FOR DRAGON FALLS!!!!!

Chessington have revealed this on thier updates page...

"Dragon Falls is being re-themed and we would like your help. Sketch your vision of what Dragon Falls should look like and you could see your design come to life and win a family Chessington Annual Pass.

If you want to help send your drawings in an email to: adventure@chessington.co.uk

Don’t forget that Dragon Falls is located in Mystic East so will need to fit into an oriental theme"

Although the ride opens in less than a week after its rehab we could see it as something to happen between the closed season of 2013 & 2014!

I'm not holding my breath...

The term "retheme" is used in a certain context here. They are not changing the oriental theme, as pointed out at the bottom of the page. It's just a search for new ideas.

I hope they plan on reinstalling what they have taken off though! I hope they are not going to rely solely on other people's ideas. I hope it will look better after the refurbishment, not worse. I hope etc...

I hope they use my suggestions!

...which is...?

Well give me time to draw, you can't just think up a ride theme in a few minutes. Well, Thorpe Park can and get away with it!

Like Benin says, they have access to all the original models/concepts/archive documents. They would be very silly to end up with worse ideas than they had 26 years ago.

Well give me time to draw, you can't just think up a ride theme in a few minutes. Well, Thorpe Park can and get away with it!

Like Benin says, they have access to all the original models/concepts/archive documents. They would be very silly to end up with worse ideas than they had 26 years ago.

Not even that, they can just look at what they took down two weeks ago...

To me, I see this retheme idea thing as mixed view. It could improve the ride and bring the theming back to it's former glory or make a total mess of it.

I can see Falls operating with the little to no theming it still has for 2013 while Chessie's management receive the ideas received by fan and the like and choose the best concept for 2014.

I can't see what was wrong with the old themeing so why are they getting rid of it? I also can't see how they can open up dragons falls for the rest of the season with no themeing- I think chessie should just close it for the rest of the season and work on it instead of opening it with barely any themeing whatsoever.