Dragon Falls

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Changes on Dragon Falls that I saw...The epic announcements with the booty in the boaty and arms and regs have now gone! :mellow: I felt quite upset to be honest that these have now gone to some boring old announcement. However, no announcement could of been more boring than the woman one they first had which was just -- Yawn!Also, there is audio as you enter the dragons mouth...

Another change which I noted was the elephant repainted and fixed, so you actually have trouble avoiding getting wet... and also just after the second drop there are fountains under the trough that spray up, although are quite random because you dont actually get wet (well we didn't) they seem to spray after the boat passes through... The outside of the station has been painted again too, although its a shame because you can clearly see where the paint has been picked off and painted over again as there are random paint holes clearly visable. I think out of all the rides that remain from 1987, Dragon Falls is currently looking the best, although lighting back inside the dragon would be good, along with sound effects all the way through instead of just at the beginning.... Although the great big stone faces you pass through on the second drop are looking their age with lots of cracks through them, not sure what can be done about these though!

I didn't notice the new fountain until my mate pointed it out...The elephant has been on/off for a few years now... But it still needs a proper fix up, that trunk used to rise up as it sprayed the water onto the boat...I approved of the new dragon noise, but something needs to be put into that tunnel to make it... Interesting... Also, bring back the non-PC announcements from last year please...

I was pleasently surprised riding this yesterday. I liked the fact they had bothered to make the elephant work again and added the "fountain" after the drop. It stopped just as I went past and came back on after though :mellow: .I also liked the music as you entered the dragon, I thought it was a nice touch. Although as you go in you realise yet again that you are in a big corrugated iron box, would be really impressed if they could change that inside somehow.

Also, bring back the non-PC announcements from last year please...

100% agree with you there Benin.Last years announcements on Dragon Falls were just epic!

Those 'random fountains' are actually triggered by guests pushing a button to launch them, I spent most of sunday soaking people :mellow:

I did see this fountains on Sunday. However, I did not see no obvious button. Where did you see it?

I was quite disappointed when I heard the new announcement. I guess CWoA are just covering their backs, incase a Guest (Yes Keith, GUEST) turns round and says they couldnt understand the accent. haha.

I understood it perfectly...*Nerd bit*..."Please keep your arms and 'regs' inside the boaty all times... Okay?!""Oi! You keep your booty in the boaty!.. Brace yourself full stop... You hear? Dont get up until someone tell you!" -> Think that one is right...

I am not an average guest, and I thought it said:"Please keep your arms and breast inside da boat at all times. Hankoo!"and"Oi, keep your booty in da boaty. Don't bomshtep bomshtup. Too young! Don't stand up till someone tell you!"Everybody was very confused but the voice over was great and quite fun. The new announcement says something like:"Wise dragon says: Keep your arms and legs inside the boat at all times."It is too generic for me. Even if the previous announcments were too heavy, the replacement could have been more creative.

I am not an average guest, and I thought it said: The new announcement says something like:"Wise dragon says: Keep your arms and legs inside the boat at all times."The replacement could have been more creative.

That is the correct current announcement...When I heard this on my last visit, I was incredibly dissapointed as the 2009 announcements had a lot of character to them and made the ride fun for me before it even began!Improvements:* Change the announcements back to the ones used in the 2009 season.* Maybe include more features during the ride? - Yes, it is good that you have new audio as you do into the mouth and I personally feel Dragon Falls is already heavily themed. However, I do think the ride could have a lot more potential above its excellent standards already...

I highly doubt Mystic East will be merged completely with Wild Asia. Whilst they are similar in terms of name and location setting, they are themed very differently. I do, howeve, think that CHessinton are planning to make that huge space consisting of Wild Asia, Mystic East and the likely future development field the Asian set area of the theme park. That means the other areas will be around the Americas, Africa and Europe, which makes sense with their new branding.I hope Dragon Falls gets some attention, even though it is nice and 'Chessingtony' as it is.