Dragon Falls

Anyone that ever rode, or has seen the pictures of Dragon River/Falls, will agree how splendid and spectacular an otherwise run of the mill log flume could be. The fact the bosses at Merlin (not Chessington, as they don't give a crap on such things) are content with it's current state speaks volumes. They should be utterly ashamed of themselves for failing at exactly what a theme park is.

Chessington; you are an absolute dump of a park that needs someone to bring it back to the standard in which it once was. Paramount will be a huge kick in the face for you, and it doesn't matter how many hotel extensions, or re-themed attractions due to urgent H&S concerns that you rush through, people will see every disgusting flaw that you are pretending don't exist (rant over).

Sounds like a plan, I can just hear the Great Escape music playing while we tunnel our way in, just make sure you measure things correctly, we don't want to come up under Tomb Blaster and inadvertantly cause them to have to do more fixing on that instead, we need to arrive precisely under Falls big drop.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any news on whether Dragons Falls will be open during the upcoming season? With the other Merlin Log Flumes closing this year I remember hearing some rumours that Dragon Falls would be closing also, however since then haven't heard any follow up on these rumours.

Falls has been in a right state since the promised refurbishment which was never carried out properly, so it closing and then being replaced in the future or done up(both of which are extremely unlikely) would be the ideal situation. However, if the attraction is to close for 2016 it could be a bit of a disaster as with Safari Skyway and Rameses Revenge(for a large chunk of the season) closed, it would just damage the parks already extremely poor image it has portrayed in the last couple of years even further.

Of all the things that needed sorted, a repaint of Buddha was actually relatively low on my list.  It just seemed alright as it was, and the ageing it had worked well.  Did I just miss its desperate need for paint, or?

Hopefully if they're sorting out the looks of stuff which I thought was a low priority, then they'll also be sorting out the looks of stuff which I thought were in actual need of it too...

Is this a sign that Dragon falls will be open this season? I would assume that if it wasn't then they'd close the whole area. Close it at the wild Asia end and then close it and the climbing wall.

Painting Buddha would be a pointless task for this year as no one would see it. has anything been done on the large drop?

Is this a sign that Dragon falls will be open this season? I would assume that if it wasn't then they'd close the whole area. Close it at the wild Asia end and then close it and the climbing wall.

Painting Buddha would be a pointless task for this year as no one would see it. has anything been done on the large drop?

As stated further up, Dragon Falls is opening this season :)

It is opening as it does not require the "maintenance" that the other flumes have been shut for.

Yeah, but no one cares about Land of the Dragons.

I do [emoji24] GRIFFINS GALLEON IS THERE

No but seriously, it's like the kiddiest area there. And Galleons is awesome.

There's so much that could be done with that area... Namely destroying Playhouse and putting ANYTHING in its place...

Awful design...

Totally agree. Even worse, nobody can go in it because of the ridiculous height limit.

• 2 months later...

Lap restraints in a way would make sense. My brother was with me in the back section of the boat when he was about five and decided he'd rather be at the front with my mum. He stood up in the small section before the second drop. He didn't understand that you weren't supposed to do that, and a lap bar would have stopped him from getting up. He was lucky not to have stood up too late and be injured by the drop, though needless to say we were all shocked.