Dueling Dragons

richy2001

firstly I'm really surprised theres not a topic on these epic coasters!!! :o but after recently visiting Universal's Islands Of Adventure I managed to ride the dragons with only a maximum queue time of 15 mins. I'm not sure where to really start with this, the theming was absolutely amazing, along with the rest of the park, but walking through the castle, with ice and candles round every corner, finally reaching the split in the queue, left for fire, right for ice.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageI got more images but will save them for later........ :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree that the themeing on these two coasters is second-to-none. Although I haven't been able to ride either coaster, both interact with each other amazingly. Must gets one's self to Florida rather sharpish, I want a go. :oSorry to be petty, but hey; you spelt Dueling Dragons wrong, you've even posted a picture displaying the right spelling. :)

I have to agree that the themeing on these two coasters is second-to-none. Although I haven't been able to ride either coaster, both interact with each other amazingly. Must gets one's self to Florida rather sharpish, I want a go. :oSorry to be petty, but hey; you spelt Dueling Dragons wrong, you've even posted a picture displaying the right spelling. :)

oh yeah well noticed, sorry about that.I cant edit the title now though, so maybe one of the kind moderators might do it for me??but theyre worth the money just to ride them! I'm already planning my next trip out there

• 5 months later...

Yep these 2 are pretty special , couldn't decide which I prefered to be honest but when I went both were walk-on so didn't really matter :P The queline itself is an attraction and is just sublime. If you think Saw is even remotely well themed, you haven't seen ANYTHING, seriosuly it could be a real castleNot as good as Hulk IMO though. god I loved that ride. But to be honest, I never thought it would happen but Spiderman , a dark ride, is my favourite ride. It beat ANY roller coaster I've been on !

Yep these 2 are pretty special , couldn't decide which I prefered to be honest but when I went both were walk-on so didn't really matter :P The queline itself is an attraction and is just sublime. If you think Saw is even remotely well themed, you haven't seen ANYTHING, seriosuly it could be a real castleNot as good as Hulk IMO though. god I loved that ride. But to be honest, I never thought it would happen but Spiderman , a dark ride, is my favourite ride. It beat ANY roller coaster I've been on !

OMG!!I love the Spiderman ride!!! that was also one of the bests at IOA!!When I went on that ride the first time I was like wow that was one amazing ride!! LETS GO ON IT AGAIN!! xD

When I first saw Dueling Dragons, I ended up thinking that the trains were going to collide together!I personally prefer Fire than Ice.I found the inversions on Fire to be better than Ice.However, I found Ice to be more intense.Don't know if the statistics agree with what I just said, but that is my personal opinion.I also could not believe for a B&M Inverter coaster a 5 mins queue! Well, the maxamum I queued for was 5 mins but most were walk on!Comparing this to Nemesis Inferno and Nemesis; It is pretty rare to find on a nice warm day a walk on. (Especially on a major attraction!)Great ride and great theming in the queue line!

When I first saw Dueling Dragons, I ended up thinking that the trains were going to collide together!I personally prefer Fire than Ice.I found the inversions on Fire to be better than Ice.However, I found Ice to be more intense.Don't know if the statistics agree with what I just said, but that is my personal opinion.I also could not believe for a B&M Inverter coaster a 5 mins queue! Well, the maxamum I queued for was 5 mins but most were walk on!Comparing this to Nemesis Inferno and Nemesis; It is pretty rare to find on a nice warm day a walk on. (Especially on a major attraction!)Great ride and great theming in the queue line!

Never went on the ice side only fire :P

I've heard that but I hope not, it probably will happen as they've removed the AMAZING huge fire and ice dragons :P

Oh :P well I've never been before and I was hoping to go next year but I was looking forward to riding dueling dragons :/ but hopefully they might be even more better after the re-theme, they could theme it around the dragons in harry potter 4?

Nope it's not been removed , it's still there and visible from the Dueling Dragons que , well it was the year before, was really annoying seeing the coaster and it's sign but not being able to get near it. That I am almost sure is getting re-themed to harry potter as Hagrid's hut has been constructed just behind it.Posted ImageThat was taken from the Dueling Dragons que sometime last yearPosted ImageThis is of the amazing dragons that are no longer there, these were at the entrance and were perfectly positioned in front of the 2 loops and almost framed them. The picture doesn't do justice to how amazing they were as themeing and just how big they were :P

I think that its a real shame that they are themeing this to Harry Potter. I always thought that this had its own unique style and should be kept with the theme that it has.This is my dfavourite rollercoaster in Florida. Most people prefer the Fire Dragon, but in my opinion, the ice is better...

I think that its a real shame that they are themeing this to Harry Potter. I always thought that this had its own unique style and should be kept with the theme that it has.This is my dfavourite rollercoaster in Florida. Most people prefer the Fire Dragon, but in my opinion, the ice is better...

Yea your right! they should keep it as it is, I'm really annoyed about them re-theming it! cause dueling dragons is my fav rollercoaster as well

Yea I'm interested as well and plus I'm not too keen on Harry Potter and the thing is idk why there gonna re-theme it to Harry Potter because not everyone in the whole world likes Harry Potter

To be honest, I think that the area that they designated to Harry Potter Land overlapped with Duelling Dragons and so they decided to include it... :P

Omg!!! there sooo unfair!!! >.<If I go to back to Orlando Florida for a hoilday, I'm gonna say to my mum, I don't want to go to IOA, because there re-theming Dueling Dragons :P Go to Universal instead...

That is just a guess on my half, I dont know the ins and outs. The ride will still be the same and I dont think they are changing the names, I think that it is just the themeing...You still got to go to IOA for the Incredible Hulk etc...