Saturday 14th Feb - Thorpe Park Open day trip

Marc

Hello all...don't know if you remember me, was the rather scared guy in the blue shoes...well, Ian will remember me. :( Couldn't see any place for new users to introduce themselves (although I didn't look too hard), so yeah, hello. Apologies for being a bit grumpy, natural defence mechanism when surrounded by such absolute loons as your fine selves. Hooray for the enthusiast community!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14th... was kinda rubbish in my honest opinion, I didnt mind so much that the rides were down and blah blah blah.. weather was bad and some were throwing wobbly's, fair enough, it was just the people. Several times throughout the day I experienced couples and groups of irritating 12 year olds thinking they know best and having a go at whoever was closest to them, normally a ride op. But also, and I'm sorry to say it, I felt hugely ignored by people I went to meet from here because after one ride (the carousel) I wasnt even given a chance to get off the ride before the people I was with ran off to somewhere else, I was ditched and didnt see them for the rest of the day. Its not an unusual occurance either ¬¬.

In all fairness it depends on which group of people you're with. If you're with 14- 16 year olds, they tend to get hyper and literally run off everywhere. LOL. No offense to anyone.I know how you feel Frankie, and I know that a few others felt exactly the same as you did, just pick who you go around with more carefully next time ;)Not that it makes it okay, people should be more aware of others at meet- ups. It's not on.

In all fairness it depends on which group of people you're with. If you're with 14- 16 year olds, they tend to get hyper and literally run off everywhere. LOL. No offense to anyone.I know how you feel Frankie, and I know that a few others felt exactly the same as you did, just pick who you go around with more carefully next time ;)Not that it makes it okay, people should be more aware of others at meet- ups. It's not on.

YES so true :PThis also affected the evening, where going to eat was a complete nightmare. If Rob hadn't stepped in and suggested what to do, god knows how long we'd have been hanging around in Staines, frezzing our bits off!It was a shame we couldn't sit together but the wait was 45 minutes, which apparently no one was happy about yet apparently they were also annoyed that we all sat seperatly (that's what I heard from someone yesterday, according to them "Rob annoyed everyone by splitting the group up"). Hmm...well from my recollection, we weren't getting anywhere and no one said no when he suggested it...I mean as hyper as the younger ones were, I'm sure they're capable of speaking up! I think next time we need to make sure we don't go on a busy day for restaurants, such as Valentine's Day, and that we have a "back-up plan" incase there's an issue, like on Saturday. Sounds a bit OTT but after the other night and what I was told yesterday, we need it ;)

Last time when we all went to Nandos we where very lucky to get a large table up stairs, in future if there is to be a meet-up after at a restaurant it may be worth investing in booking a table (I'm sure it's not too much effort). Last years meet was really good and it seems like this years wasn't quite so great, hopefully another one can be organized some time soon and it will go alot smoothly (and I won't be too unwell to come).

Last time when we all went to Nandos we where very lucky to get a large table up stairs, in future if there is to be a meet-up after at a restaurant it may be worth investing in booking a table (I'm sure it's not too much effort). Last years meet was really good and it seems like this years wasn't quite so great, hopefully another one can be organized some time soon and it will go alot smoothly (and I won't be too unwell to come).

Yeah. I didn't want to sound too moany and stuff in my other post, or label the younger members as annoying and hyper or anything. It just wasn't exactly the highlight of my day ;)I did assume at first that a table was booked. But anyway, I still had a good day! ;)

Me and my friends saw you taking your picture, we were going to get in it but you were all about to take the picture so we walked away. Some of you might remember seeing a group of boys near Stealth Diner like watching you lot well...that was us lol.

Ah yeh! I did see a group of boys and I said to someone I think we are drawing people around Stealth area which isn't good! ;)

Last time when we all went to Nandos we where very lucky to get a large table up stairs, in future if there is to be a meet-up after at a restaurant it may be worth investing in booking a table (I'm sure it's not too much effort).

Nandos wont take bookings on Saturday nights!

haha! Thanks, well I know I annoyed a lot of people whether it was my running away or screaming or just being hyper... Either way I'm sorry. ;) x

Haha nah the running was one of the best parts tbh. I can't really recall any screaming :P. We still need Martin with the Group photo, after all Ian was a bit insistent on getting it in the first place!Anyway, stupid comment of the day...James (wearing Time Voyagers glasses): That Nemesis Inferno train looks 3-D!Me: It is 3-D..James: Oh =(I love you James really! ;)