Paultons Park

Rich

I have just had confirmation from Paultons that the prize winners of their Lost Kingdom App will have a choice of one day which is either the 14th or 15th May.  However they are still arranging the preview days, so that is all I can say. However I'm looking forward to it, as it looks very well themed.

Eh, not gonna lie, it looks like a rock garden with some plastic dinosaurs littered around the place.

I'd like to know what rock gardens you're visiting to see the likes of a crashed plane... ;)

However, I must admit my big fear with this has always been that the dinosaurs will always look a bit too plasticy and 'fake' when seen in the area, and perhaps stick out too much compared to everything else (which feels a lot more 'real').  At this stage I'm happy with that there is at the moment though!

Lost Kingdom might not be "world class" but it certainly looks better themed than anything we have seen in the UK for a good few years IMO.

I was about to mention Swarm here, but then I realised one could probably class Swarm as a good few years ago.  I'm beginning to feel old. 

But I wonder definitely agree with you that whilst not world class by any means, this is definitely a good-looking, seemingly completely themed, and most importantly fun investment; something we don't see enough of in the UK.  

I'd sooner have a rock garden with high quality theming and signage than ghastly painted buildings with cheap vinyl stickers and square vinyl signs!

Lost Kingdom might not be "world class" but it certainly looks better themed than anything we have seen in the UK for a good few years IMO.

Better than Wild Asia and Swarm? Reeaalllyyyyy

Better than Wild Asia and Swarm? Reeaalllyyyyy

I'd sooner have a rock garden with high quality theming and signage than ghastly painted buildings with cheap vinyl stickers and square vinyl signs!

The Swarm will this year be in its fourth season, Wild Asia in its sixth.

Few years could literally mean anything, simmer down.

You say "simmer down" as if I responded to your post in an aggressive way?  :wacko:

To clarify, I would class 2012 as being a good few years ago, I don't think the theming is better than The Swarm's but I think Lost Kingdom looks more aesthetically pleasing from the photos we have seen so far.  Then again I'm not a fan of having multiple destruction themes in the same theme park but I've talked about that before.

Areas always look barren when they first open unless you plant loads of adult trees though...

It'll look better in a year when you compare it to the foliageless stuff seen at Merlin parks in recent years, which is perhaps why they all look so tatty and dull... No trees to break up the grey monotony...

How can you say that? Thirteen looks just FAB now its been left to totally over grow and look 'on theme' ;)

(actually it's pretty hard to make something look BAD, without it looking scruffy/tatty = Thirteen)

I think it's important to remember that this park is aimed at families with young children. The reason I say that is as when little kids enter an area full of imposing dinosaurs, they are bound to be wowed, no matter if they look tacky or not.

IMO they've still got a few months till opening to add to the theming and make improvements, so I think it's worth waiting till it opens to assess the quality of the theming of the area. However, saying that I personally think it looks like it's coming along pretty nicely, it's certainly a large investment area with an adequate of theming and I definitely think it will turn out to be an immersive area for families and young children.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...