Paultons Park

Rich

Wow. Can't wait to get back here.

All for £8m? Do Merlin look at this sort of thing and wonder where on earth they manage to spend all their money on their investments?

Peppa pig world was also not that expensive (£6 million) and when you consider how much business that brought to the park, it really does go to show that going with tried and tested rides often works out better than splashing out stupid amounts of money on emerging technology. I saw this picture on twitter

h5ccgNJ.jpg

There's nothing complicated about the themeing in that picture, but it just looks good

LbXl6vR.jpg

Wow. Can't wait to get back here.

All for £8m? Do Merlin look at this sort of thing and wonder where on earth they manage to spend all their money on their investments?

To be fair, some of Merlin's investments are pretty fair when you look at it. Swarm's £18-20m included the infilling of the land (presumably not that cheap), the ride hardware (which I heard was around the £9m mark?), the theming, a new set of toilets, marketing, etc. etc. Not too bad value for money all things considered I'd say!

But yes, for the rumoured £8-9m, this is a brilliant investment for the park. I've run out of good things to say about to be honest.

I took mine on the Saturday, as going to struggle to fit everything into the year.  I'm not sure it is going to be crazy busy, just thinking busy lol.  As on the play store the app shows 1 thousand downloads, so that is giving me a rough idea of potential numbers.  But the main reason to go is my boy is desperate to see the dinosaur roller coasters

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The animatronic dinosaurs were testing today - movement and sound. Looking very impressive.

Testing is also continuing on Velociraptor.

The tunnel on Flight of the Pterosaur has now been fully built and the painting finished. Hopefully the scaffolding will be down soon and final testing resume.

It's all very exciting!

And a final construction blog update here:

https://paultonspark.co.uk/lost-kingdom/2016/04/5667/lost-kingdom-construction-update-april-2016

Shows off Velociraptor entrance, Flight of the Pterosaur theming, completed Dinosaur Encounter fencing, and completed play park.

On park today, I believe all the rides in the area were testing and final cleaning taking place. Not long until press and preview days.