Paultons Park

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Derren Brown Ghost Train who?.. this is the only 2016 investment you need to care about... and having never been to the park before, I was honestly shocked how amazing it was, and the new coasters in lost kingdom, especially Flight of the Pterosaur are incredible; I'd rate it one of the best family coasters in the UK.. better than Vampire easily even if it is a lot shorter!!

1 hour ago, DeanGaryCox said:

Derren Brown Ghost Train who?.. this is the only 2016 investment you need to care about... and having never been to the park before, I was honestly shocked how amazing it was, and the new coasters in lost kingdom, especially Flight of the Pterosaur are incredible; I'd rate it one of the best family coasters in the UK.. better than Vampire easily even if it is a lot shorter!!

I was just so surprised at how forceful the final helix was, especially at the very back. The dino tour thing was a good laugh, and I thought the animatronic dinosaurs were fab.

18 minutes ago, Zach said:

I was just so surprised at how forceful the final helix was, especially at the very back. The dino tour thing was a good laugh, and I thought the animatronic dinosaurs were fab.

The POVs look boring... but rode front twice and back twice and must agree with you, the back is ridiculous on the last helix, the force lasts so long as well, better than inferno and nemesis ;)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/7176586/BREAKING-Passengers-stuck-on-new-9million-rollercoaster-after-it-broke-down-45ft-in-the-air.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-FBPAGE-_-TheSun-thesun-_-20160526-_-News-_-477415847-_-Imageandlink

Non story alert, but I share because it just goes to show how shocking the "journalists" are - article says the new area cost £9m, the title says the ride cost £9m.

Idiots.

Unfortunately this is going to be the thing after Smiler's crash... Prior to that the only events that seemed to get into the media were celeb night failures, Rush throwing metal around and Chessie's power cuts...

Any basic breakdown will be exaggerated via Twitter, it's actually amazing how quickly a story can be created out of one little thing seen in a particular way...

LOL not sure how they would have reported our comments on Vampire the other week then...

One witness said a teenage boy at the front of the cart was heard saying to staff "you can leave us here till the morning if you want, just bring us some pizza and a bottle of coke".

Nope, just doesn't scream drama does it?

1 hour ago, Project LC said:

Scum is a bit extreme. A lot or reports would have worked very hard to get where they are. The editors pressure for stories that people want to hear not the journalists.

In all honesty I don't really know how journalism works, it's just hard to take them seriously when they publish tripe like that.

On Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 8:48 PM, DeanGaryCox said:

'Scuse me nothing is better than Vampire.

Some of the comments here regarding the news article had me in stitches ahhh

Anyhoo - I love Paultons and think that it has surpassed Chessie - they've actually invested in the park and although it lacks theming in some areas, it is better maintained and doesn't look run down.  Also when you compare The Edge to Kobra, and Kontiki to Griffins Galleon, Paultons seem to run those 2 rides on a more intense setting - I almost barfed on both of them a few years back

• 1 month later...

Feel very happy for Paultons.

whilst I've never visited the park (yet), they seem to be highly dedicated in what they do with intentions to improve all the time. They are a park which are well and truly on the up and I think there's s number of parks out there that could learn a few things from them.

Having spent the day here today I'm not at all surprised. 

Have always loved this park, Critter Creek is a wacky but brilliant retheme and I hope they continue to retheme certain areas like this in the future. 

20160707_125520.jpg

It's bright, vibrant and just fun all round! 

Lost Kingdom is an amazing expanexpansion. What they got for the money they spent is great and shows how far it can go when used wisely. The Vekoma SFC's are a great coaster for family thrills and the junior boomerangs are brill too. Some decent flats, decent animatronics and decent music playing throughout. 

It's great to see how much they've grown since Peppa Pig and can't wait to see what they do next! :)