Paultons Park

Rich

Does anyone have any insight on paultons investments for 2017. There is an interesting thread on towers times forum about paultons and what they may be getting in 2017. There is someone on there who has a friend in the management and they are going to be doing a high to medium investment for 2017 and apparently it's going to be located in the field next to meerkat manor and peppy pig world. My big fear is that they are extending peppy pig world although I think it would give them a bigger profit. My ideal attraction there would be. Haunted house or something like that.

Surely anything of any size would be in for planning if it were for next year? I can't see them with any major  investment immediately after the huge new area this year.

A bit of speculation is fine, but usually best to ignore 'my friends uncle's cat knows this guy...' posts, at least treat them with caution. TowersTimes seem to love a bit of that for some reason.

No new rides or attractions now for 2017. Instead a new attraction will open for 2018. 

The engineering yard is currently being extended, and there will be some landscape works around the park too.

Not sure if there will be a new 4D film but it's likely. 

Il try and a get a picture of the work newsletter to show a source. 

Went to paultons yesterday. There are some marking on the field next to meerkats and there is also a digger doing ground work of some description next to edge. Also noticed whilst on edge that the land next to the go karts has gravel, dirt piles etc in. All of these might be nothing but it's fun and exciting to guess 

Went to this park for the first time ever at the weekend. 

Really well run place; longest queue was 25 minutes (and that was for a thing in Peppa Pig Land).  The Lost Kingdom is lovely and the jeep ride has a nice surprise at the end (you get wetter than Zufari!) 

It needs a dark ride, a woodie and proper log flume and rapids ride and then it'll be up there!

The entrance is beautiful and it puts other parks' entrances to shame in this country... the grounds are very well kept and extremely clean - and it was nice not to see adverts for stuff everywhere.  The free parking was nice.  

The food needs work (but I think everyone knows that) but it was a really relaxing day all round! 

58 minutes ago, Nick Hutson said:

Went to this park for the first time ever at the weekend. 

Really well run place; longest queue was 25 minutes (and that was for a thing in Peppa Pig Land).  The Lost Kingdom is lovely and the jeep ride has a nice surprise at the end (you get wetter than Zufari!) 

It needs a dark ride, a woodie and proper log flume and rapids ride and then it'll be up there!

The entrance is beautiful and it puts other park's to shame in this country... the grounds are very well kept and extremely clean - and it was nice not to see adverts for stuff everywhere.  The free parking was nice.  

The food needs work (but I think everyone knows that) but it was a really relaxing day all round! 

As I live a stones throw away I've been going since I was 3 or 4 and now I'm 24 I still go every year. It's nice to see how far my little park has come. I remember back in the day when the main attraction was the runaway train long before Cato pillar and even before the stinger. Basic fun. Always been a favourite in my books and always puts the customers experience first

Agree pretty much with what Nick said. 

A dark ride, a woodie and a better Log flume is what it needs and then it's definitely a leading player.

You can definitely tell the last fast few investments are of top notch quality, Lost a Kingdom, Critter Creek and even the entrance. The old log flume and Go Karts especially need replacing.

Entrance again is loverly and certainly one of the better ones in the UK. 

My my full report is here, if you're interested.

Just reading Creeky's report - doesn't Paulton's look ruddy lovely? (on the whole). Gutted I had to change my plans and not attend, but my other half wouldn't have been happy if she's got back from being away for a week only to find me out for the day :P

One thing I noticed about Paultons - not a shipping container in sight! Don't they know that they are all the rage? ;)

Bear in mind that this park was dying until Peppa showed up, I'm sure their plans for investments will take time over a period rather than every year something being built...

There's still a fair amount of work for the park to do, their food is still crap for example...

14 hours ago, holtjammy16 said:

Do they still have the problem of massive amounts of wasps everywhere? It's been years since I've been

No, not unless you include the one or two miserable members of staff buzzing around.

I disagree on the food, it's no worse than any cookie cutter Merlin outlet.

As others have said the place needs a decent thrill ride, a longer flume and it'll be a major contender, it's already ahead of Chessington imho.

Imo I can't see how Paultons won the best park thing. When I went half the park was rubbish apart from Peppa. It seems to be based off of recent investments and just that. I'm sure I'll change my mind when I visit soon though. What's the best place to eat?

1 hour ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Imo I can't see how Paultons won the best park thing. When I went half the park was rubbish apart from Peppa. It seems to be based off of recent investments and just that. I'm sure I'll change my mind when I visit soon though. What's the best place to eat?

I haven't visited for years (must change that soon!), but Paultons have continually made good investments in recent years, as well as seemingly having a fantastic attitude towards customers and trying to give them the best day out possible.  They clearly don't have the best ride lineup in the UK, but in terms of the overall customer experience they appear to be leading the way at the moment.

IMO Paultons and Blackpool are the best two parks in the UK. Blackpool just because of how crazy the place is and also I feel like it has a very historic charm to it. There are certain aspects of paultons, such as the log flume which are falling apart however these will be catered to in future years as we can see the more modern areas of the park are really well kept, such as the gardens, the carousel, lost kingdom, critter creek, peppa pig etc

I can see why trip advisor have voted it best UK park as the customer satisfaction is top notch unlike the merlin parks as the place is well kept , most areas have good theming and operations are good overall. I feel like the only let down was the food, we found one decent fast food place, the railroad diner, where the food was reasonably priced and decent however at the rest of the food outlets, including the signature cafe "wild woods ", the food looked horrendous and was ridiculously overpriced. It's strange there was such a diversity of nice looking and horrendous looking food within such a small park.

Really? Clearly you must've gone on a bad day. Price wise it's great compared to rivals. It's very clean and well kept, surprisingly the log flume too, which is usually grubby at most parks. It exhibits some quality themed areas (lost kingdom especially) and every time I've been, they've really cared about the overall customer experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Sounds like you haven't visited recently at all, besides parks are more than the rides available, given Paultons is making a name for well priced, clean and above all fun day out, its no wonder the TA reviews are positive...

1 minute ago, Benin said:

Sounds like you haven't visited recently at all, besides parks are more than the rides available, given Paultons is making a name for well priced, clean and above all fun day out, its no wonder the TA reviews are positive...

When I went Magma was brand new. 

When I went Magma was brand new. 

Paultons is more than just about rides those, as are the majority of the best parks.

It's about appreciating the recent richly themed park areas amongst it's innocent atmosphere, walking from place to place passing numerous gardens, monuments and structures which don't need to exist but do. Which is why they enhance the experience. 

Whilst the ride hardware may not (yet) be up there with most leading parks, for an independently owned park they put in so much effort. So much of the park is well kept and nicely presented. Never do you get too bombarded with HB leisure games, upgrade your ticket posters or patronising safety. 

This is is because this is Paultons and what they do, is done very well.