Paultons Park

Rich

You moaned last year when Sky Swinger opened early, they always open rides early. :)Sky swinger opened 8 days before it should, Edge has opened 5 days early, Cobra opened 7 days early etc. Mainly to monitor the procedures the ops do and if needed, change them before it gets busier. Also what's the point in leaving the ride there if everything has been done and is ready?

You moaned last year when Sky Swinger opened early, they always open rides early. :)Sky swinger opened 8 days before it should, Edge has opened 5 days early, Cobra opened 7 days early etc. Mainly to monitor the procedures the ops do and if needed, change them before it gets busier. Also what's the point in leaving the ride there if everything has been done and is ready?

You have a good point. The Edge seems to have had a lot of sucsessful test runs. I will be heading there to try it this saturday.I have to admitt, Paultons is the only park I have been to where testing has been that good, they open the ride earlier than advertised.I did'nt think I was moaning, I think it gives the park a good record.

Yeh it has. Oh by the way, on your Youtube video, where it takes 4 attempts to get over the hill, that is deliberate. It goes through it's warming up stages. Don't know if you have ever seen Stinger being warmed up, but it's kinda the same principle. Going up and down!

Yeh it has. Oh by the way, on your Youtube video, where it takes 4 attempts to get over the hill, that is deliberate. It goes through it's warming up stages. Don't know if you have ever seen Stinger being warmed up, but it's kinda the same principle. Going up and down!

Yeah, me and Mum did think that was the reason. Made good video though :)

• 2 months later...

I haven't been to this park before. I am going to try and do more parks that I haven't done before soon, to try out new rides. Is Paulton's Park worth a visit?

if your looking for big, extreme rides then definatly not.its much more of a family theme park and designed for younger visitors. but there are a few good rides like cobra and there log flume (although there are hundreds of that log flume around) and the edge looks good

if your looking for big, extreme rides then definatly not.its much more of a family theme park and designed for younger visitors. but there are a few good rides like cobra and there log flume (although there are hundreds of that log flume around) and the edge looks good

Ok thanks :). I think I'll visit the website and see what I think.

It'll be a fun day out, some decent rides there, I would say worth a visit.Just out of Interest, On a Saturday, what are the maxium queue times for the main attractions?

Depends really, if there is no event on Cobras queue will reach between walk on and 30 mins max (normally at the beginning of the day, or after most people have done Edge) By 1.30pm for a while it goes down to little as like 2 minutes, it then builds up and stays around 5-10minutes after that normally. River Ride stays at around 10-15 minutes, Wave Runner is around the same although has been known to reach 30 minutes, Jumping Bean can be walk on - 10 minutes and Edge can be walk on - 30 minutes. Thats based on an average day if it's sunny with around 3500 people on park.It's all about hitting the rides at the right time, Cobra is often very slow in the morning and creeps around the track, because of this car dispatch is on average is 45 seconds rather than 25-30 seconds, which happens after sort of 11.30am, on average it completes the lap 10-15 seconds quicker in the afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

If you go to this park, ride stinger on the BACK SEATS! it's FAST! and the headchopper is amazing!+ on flying frog hold on tight.. whiplash!raging river ride = soooo fun! + the water is nasty lake water lol

I didn't know there was a head chopper effect on Stinger....Raging River Ride uses clean water which is constantly monitored.

I didn't know there was a head chopper effect on Stinger....Raging River Ride uses clean water which is constantly monitored.

Yeah the headchopper is when you go down the drop you go under another part of the track, it only really works when u sit near the back though,and oh yeh my bad I don't know why I said that, I was thinking of loggers leap :S