Paultons Park

Rich

I was at Paultons on Monday, and I have to say the new entrance building and plaza is fantastic. The tree water feature is really beautiful and the atmosphere is great within the plaza. The actual entrance building is huge, with the turnstiles in the centre, leading inside with the new Wildwoods Restaurant on the right and the Big Toy Shop on the left. The shop is probably the best I've seen in a UK theme park, very well themed and everything is split into distinct sections and a distinct lack of cheap tack that seems to fill the shelves of most other parks shops.

The new double decker carousel looks good as well, and the landscaping around it is superb, with lots of different topiaries surrounding the ride.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey my mate and I are thinking about going to paultons park my friend is quite big and I know it's a children theme park. Size wise he can get on all coaster at Thorpe park except Colossus and on Nemmy he has to use the big boy seats does anyone know it he be able to get on most things allright?

Thank you everyone we went today were not many people in main area pepper pig was very busy but we guessed that it would be as it he park aimed at younger kids. He got on everything Evan magma apart from the 3rd time he could not and we not eaten either witch was strange we did not go on jumping bean as we both. Been on manny of them types of drop towers.

• 2 months later...

10653765_10152312068351603_4634154902322

Said photo.

Nice to see that whatever it is it will be something unique again and not further expanding on the hugely popular Peppa Pig. Paultons have got it right in my eyes with their IP, get the IP, make money from it and then expand the park in other ways as well! Look forward to seeing what this turns out as because Paultons is brilliant!

Seems they are putting a fun little story behind this Critter Creek thing too...

https://paultonspark.co.uk/education/professor-blasts-diary/2014/08/421/the-diary-of-professor-stanley-h-blast

Name: Professor Stanley H Blast

Dislikes: Air resistance - it's a real drag

About: Growing up, Professor Blast has always enjoyed science and the outdoors. A keen backpacker, he spends most of his summers' abroad, exploring far off lands. A self-confessed theme park enthusiast, Professor Blast now works at Paultons Park, researching and inventing in his Learning Lab. His recent discovery of the Horned tree-mouse (which can be seen in the Lab) gained him wide-spread acclaim.

Likes Rollercoasters. Interesting!

Surely there would be planning floating about if anything big was happening?

Seems they are putting a fun little story behind this Critter Creek thing too...

https://paultonspark.co.uk/education/professor-blasts-diary/2014/08/421/the-diary-of-professor-stanley-h-blast

Likes Rollercoasters. Interesting!

Surely there would be planning floating about if anything big was happening?

Does Professor Blast = launch coaster? Lab = Indoor launch coaster? This is very interesting as the only main indoor attraction the park has is the 4D cinema!

They always go with a big attraction every 3 years(2000 Stinger, 2003 WaveRunner,2006 Cobra,2009 The Edge,2012 Magma, 2015????) so I always suspected they would continue this trend for next year in 2015. Sounds Interesting, Hopefully a new coaster is in the works,Likes Rollercoasters, Professor Blast = Launch???

Maybe a mini launch coaster of some kind, could fit in perfect for the park, and maybe another indoor attraction too, the park does suffer with a lack of indoor attractions but guess we need to wait and see

Wherever they place it, please place it on the east side of the park! In terms of major "family thrill" rides, it only has the Stinger and Wave Runner. When the west side has Cobra, Edge, Magma, Raging River and the smaller Flying Frog. In terms of the ride selection, the park has grown dramtically in the past 6 years! I first went back in 2008 when the Sky Swinger was new and I thought the park was good then! Since then they've added Edge & Water Kingdom (2009), Peppa Pig World (2011), Magma (2012), 4D (2013) and the Carousel this year! No wonder why it's voted the best family park in the UK!

Just seen this topic and cant get my old account to work, so just re-registered.

I went to Paultons Park last week and can tell you that it doesnt look as though there will be a new coaster. Critter Creek will be a new area which will open next year where Stinger is. 

Wind in the willows has been closed already and looks to be in the process of being gutted / demolished.  There is control fencing all around it.

The actual sign is next to the riverside path which takes you around the back of the Stinger.

Stinger itself is closing for the rest of the season for refurbishment, so I expect a retheme

Just seen this topic and cant get my old account to work, so just re-registered.

I went to Paultons Park last week and can tell you that it doesnt look as though there will be a new coaster. Critter Creek will be a new area which will open next year where Stinger is. 

Wind in the willows has been closed already and looks to be in the process of being gutted / demolished.  There is control fencing all around it.

The actual sign is next to the riverside path which takes you around the back of the Stinger.

Stinger itself is closing for the rest of the season for refurbishment, so I expect a retheme

As long as they don't get rid of Stinger!  That's my childhood coaster!

• 2 weeks later...

I went to paultons on Monday. They have fenced off the area which holds the stinger and the wind in the willows. The wind and the willows is being completely gutted no signage left. They have also taken down the signage of the stinger and there was a digger in amongst the ride itself doing something but could not see properly. Also noticed that the astroglide signage has been taken down and it said that the attraction was now closed, also on their website it has been taken off the attraction list.

UPDATE:

All signage, branding and existing overhang is being dismantled from The Stinger but the ride will remain andWind in The Willows is a shell, soon to be removed according to a contractor I chatted to earlier today. Astroglide closes every winter apparently (its been there for at least 19 years if my childhood serves me correctly) so should resurface in '15.

Loved Paultons as a nipper and subsequently love the fact my 2yo loves it...and was gutted today that "big coaster" was broken