Chessington Water Rides

Tbh, a Rapids is unlikely due to the high amount of land required for a decent one...

I'd like to see a Supersplash tbh, decent throughput if run well and can provide a good thematic experience if done properly (I.e. an actually themed elevator lift)... And can be quite compact too...

For a rapids ride it is essential to have a varied terrain, otherwise you end up with a very boring layout with an artificial feel. The toadies area is too flat to include any significant height difference, while the field by explorer gate is extremely popular with picnicking guests on peak days and has no level space for the required reservoir.

But does Chessington really need a rapids ride? Does it need more rides to get you wet to have fun? Hardly, it needs a lot more things first.

But does Chessington really need a rapids ride? Does it need more rides to get you wet to have fun? Hardly, it needs a lot more things first.

Really? Lack of water and high capacity rides are what I think to be two of Chessington's biggest issues. And a rapids would solve both of these problems.

But yes, there isn't really anywhere where they could actually put one. As the park is pretty much all level. :/

If you are out to get wet at Chessington then there are plenty of options, there's no real demand for any more - especially in this weather. There's Dragon Falls which is suitably soggy and popular (try going with a group of 5 people and then say it doesn't get you wet!) and most rides built in the last 10 years get you wet in some way. The money needed to build a rapids ride would be far better off used on something else, and is.

Falls, Monkey Swinger, Rameses and Bubbleworks are the only rides that can be seriously considered as rides involving water (Scorpion Express and Zufari do not count, as they both involve more than just water)... Out of the rides added in the last 10 years, well, erm, NONE involve getting you wet in some way, so I'm not sure what you're actually on about Bill...

Out of all the rides I've mentioned, only one can be considered a true water ride, so I think it can be said that Chessie could do with another water ride (or indeed, anything)...

It might not be a top priority right now, but it's something that needs to be considered...

From a guest's point of view, a "water ride" would be any ride where you get wet. Of course the only attraction strictly termed as a water ride would be Dragon Falls, but that doesn't mean anything to guests. People come off Zufari, Falls, Rameses and Swinger soaking wet when all the effects are blazing. You get splashed on Scorpion and BubbleWorks a fair bit. What I mean is, as a guest you are not hard pressed for choice if you want to get wet.

I've never come across guests having difficulty finding water rides anyway. They are always looking for roller coasters that are either thrilling and/or suitable for shorter children, family rides that don't have enormous queues... or the toilets.

You could well ease the capacity problem with a rapids (as well as spend a fortune remodelling the landscape), or you could solve two problems at once with a thrilling family rollercoaster with a low height restriction - which there is a strong demand for.

In other words, why wasn't Thirteen built at Chessington? I mean really.

If you are out to get wet at Chessington then there are plenty of options, there's no real demand for any more - especially in this weather. There's Dragon River which is suitably soggy and popular (try going with a group of 5 people and then say it doesn't get you wet!) and most rides built in the last 10 years get you wet in some way. The money needed to build a rapids ride would be far better off used on something else, and is.

See whilst I understand what you mean, both with most new attractions involving water and more demand for investment in other areas, I still think that there is a need for a rapids ride. As people don't necessarily ride Zufari or Scorpion Express to cool down, on a hot day Falls will always be the attraction with a lengthy queue (during the easter break the ride was almost on a constant two hours!). Young families that want to have a cool off the only options are Bubbleworks and Scorpion Express, neither of which get you properly wet.

To be honest, the only thing I think Chessington need more than a rapids is a relatively thrilling, high capacity coaster. Maybe a tame Mack Mega coaster?

Falls, Monkey Swinger, Rameses and Bubbleworks are the only rides that can be seriously considered as rides involving water (Scorpion Express and Zufari do not count, as they both involve more than just water)... 

The exact same could be said for Monkey Swinger and Rameses...

I have to agree here, I think chessington are in a much bigger need for a new rollercoaster than anything else. They only have 4 rollercoasters, dragons fury, vampire, rattlesnake and scorpion however they are all seriously outdated when you think about the fact that runaway train has been at the park for years. They are in serious need of a high capacity rollercoaster, medium-high thrills which will get way over 1000pph.

On the subject of new rides, has any planning permission been released for a new ride for 2015? Or is dragons falls just going to be named as a brand new attraction for 2015 as I hope it's not...