Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Dan_Rush

So, I broke my PB virginity yesterday, and we had a good day, not great, but good.The Big One was closed all day, even though guests were told it would open at some point in the afternoon (Apparently something's up with the floor in the station not rising) We also saw it being painted when we were on the monorail.Revolution is amazing, I didn't expect much but it was very forceful and sent me into a giggle fit.The Big Dipper was fun and didn't make me fear for my life, surprisingly. Grand National however seemed to shuffle allot and I cut my hand on it somehow, but it is still a great ride.Infusion gave my ears a bit of a beating but not so much to make it un-enjoyable, the feeling of speed at the bottom of the first drop also took me by surprise.What we saw of Valhalla was amazing, we broke down twice. Once at the bottom of the second lift hill and then again just before the second drop. We were evacuated and went out through the back door (Which was actually quite fun)After Valhalla breaking down, The Big One not being open and me being knackered from Qing all day we went to complain (as did a lot of people - some woman was complaining about a ride op being asleep on one of the kids rides) And we got free tickets to come back anytime in the next year! And found out that I don't have to Queue being disabled, so that will come in handy next time.All in all we did have a really good day, but I'm sure we'll have a better time next year! :)

• 2 months later...

^ No just Nickelodeon land or w/e it's called I think. They're actually losing a big ride and getting rid of Bling, gutted I missed my chance to ride it this year.

Big ride is Space Invader 2 or Magic Mountain?They are getting a disko of some form I'm sure... And a few other new family rides as well as repainting the two woodies in that area...

So what will happen about the giant coke can tunnel befor the lift? Will they just re-theme it or remove it completley?

Blackpool people reckon it's a total retheme/removal of theming... And will just be the Big One... Or BO for short... :)

• 1 month later...
Posted ImageAnd also:-

WILL YOU FIND LOVE ON A ROLLERCOASTER?The wedding of the century is only a few weeks away and to celebrate this, Pleasure Beach, Blackpool is about to launch 2 new trains on the world famous Pepsi Max Big One bearing the names William and Kate alongside brand new Union Jack livery.In addition we are looking for 15 Williams and 15 Kates to be the first to try out the new trains and potentially find love at the same time by speed dating whilst riding the rollercoaster!If you are a William or a Kate and would like to join us at Pleasure Beach at 10am on Wednesday 9th February, to take part in this exciting event, contact us via our Facebook page – http://www.facebook.com/pleasurebeachresort and complete the entry form.The 2 new Union Jack trains, which are to be christened William and Kate, were inspired by Prince William’s visit to Blackpool in November last year. During his visit he enjoyed such thrilling rides as the Ice Blast and Infusion.Amanda Thompson, Managing Director of Pleasure Beach, Blackpool, comments, “We were delighted to be able to welcome Prince William and his friends to Pleasure Beach last year. We decide to commemorate his visit by naming the new trains after him and his wife to be, Kate Middleton. The Royal couple will be more than welcome to come and try out the trains for themselves”Pleasure Beach, Blackpool will open its gates for the first time in 2011 on Saturday February 12th 10.30am for the first, fantastic WOW Weekend.

Posted Image :D

• 1 month later...

I was just randomly thinking about Valhalla (Well the half of it I actually saw) and was thinking why do the boats move so f***ing fast through the station?! I remember really hurting my foot jumping into the boat where I couldn't just step into it because it would have knocked me flying. If I was at my weakest with my disability I literally would not have been able to get in...If I ask them nicely this year would they actually be able to stop the boat moving at 100mph so I don't almost end up in A&E again? :P