Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Dan_Rush

I never knew the Valhalla station was that fast to be fair! :o Admittedly it can be a bit too quick, but they usually stop it once there are two boats on the conveyor at any one time.The Splash Bash is beginning to look alot better now, it has to be said. (Photo from Pleasure Beach Experience)It looks second hand, but seeing as this is the first installation of a Mack Twist 'n' Splash, I'm not sure that's possible?Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

It looks second hand, but seeing as this is the first installation of a Mack Twist 'n' Splash, I'm not sure that's possible?

It was built and tested by Mack, abroad somewhere in a warehouse, and was then dismantled and moved to Blackpool. Its not second hand, its the first one ever built. But it has been built and dismantled if that makes sense? Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Blackpool last weekend and Nick land is still having work done, but it is looking very good. Shame I only get there once a year B) Out of interest, does anyone know the full playlist to the fountain shows?I managed to track down a couple of the songs, Muse with feeling good and John Miles with Music was my first love.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks B)

• 4 months later...

Thought I'd revive this thread, if I may :D What are people's opinions on the park nowadays? I went last year and loved it. The park has had some serious money spent on it and looks a heck of a lot better now. I can't wait to see Nick Land for myself. The old roller coaster looks brilliant after the re-themeing. I'm still against the admission charges for non riders and also against the food ban but it's still a great park with a brilliant variety of rides.Chris.

It is in a better place these days, and has improved. However, it has still not had ANY brand new, custom rollercoaster since 1994. They desperately need to invest in a big, crowd pulling coaster! Nick Land is great (although not as good as the Movie Park Germany version, in my view) - but they need more than a cute kids area with generic rides to really up their game.Some areas of the park remain disgusting.:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Bling has now officially left the Pleasure Beach, and it's new home will be at Skyline Park in Germany. :ninja: Sad to see it go, leaving only Abie Danter's Air as the only remaining Zierer Star Shape in the UK. This closed season the park looks to be getting just a general clean-up and refurb of quite a few things.Posted ImageBling leaving the park last week.Posted ImageNickelodeon Streak getting some work done on parts of it.Posted ImageValhalla's new facade is getting there, with it's re-opening rumoured to be around April.Posted ImageAnd lastly, The Big One has had some re-tracking work done, I'm not sure if it's just getting some of it's existing track sections refurbished or if it's getting a whole new section, but hopefully it should pay off in the end and make it a little smoother. Also remember that the Gold Mine is getting a major refurb; not yet confirmed but rumoured to be themed to Wallace and Gromit. It's unknown however if this is due to open in 2012 or even 2013.Images from Pleasure Beach Experience.

Any idea what is happening to the space where Bling used to be?

Yes, Amanda Thompson recently tweeted... "Oh yes we have a fantastic new High diving show and the Divers will be amazing" Responding to someone asking what will be new in 2012.Interesting, don't really understand what this will consist of but should be good. :) Shame Blackpool has virtually no "thrilling" flat rides now. :)

• 2 weeks later...