Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Dan_Rush

12 minutes ago, Mark9 said:

I last went in 2012 and the park isn't the issue. It was everyone outside on the promenade that was the problem. It's the only time I've encountered homophobic abuse and it's put me off Blackpool in general.

That's disgusting, f**k them.

11 minutes ago, Marhelorpe said:

Given I've never been to BPB before and planning a trip hopefully this Easter when Icon opens, can someone briefly explain what they mean by there being both good and bad days? From what I'm hearing so far, this doesn't sound too dissimilar to Fright Nights some evenings in my experience which isn't good.

Like I said earlier I've NEVER had a bad time on park. Thorpe I've had many, you'll live.

In all the years visiting BPB I've never had any real issues with guests inside the park, it's very secure and the atmosphere is generally nice - mostly families visiting.  It's certainly nothing compared with Fright Nights at Thorpe, the behaviour I've witnessed from guests on numerous different ocasions there is atrocious.

I've encountered a few idiots in the town (mainly up at the Tower end) but it's very rare and no different to any major town/city really, there are always a few morons who choose to deride people they don't even know but they aren't worthy of anyone's time.

1 hour ago, Coaster said:

In all the years visiting BPB I've never had any real issues with guests inside the park, it's very secure and the atmosphere is generally nice - mostly families visiting.  It's certainly nothing compared with Fright Nights at Thorpe, the behaviour I've witnessed from guests on numerous different ocasions there is atrocious.

I've encountered a few idiots in the town (mainly up at the Tower end) but it's very rare and no different to any major town/city really, there are always a few morons who choose to deride people they don't even know but they aren't worthy of anyone's time.

I have to agree too. Once in the park its like you're not even in Blackpool itself. 

16 hours ago, Timber Creek said:

Love those Mack baggage holds, they are perhaps the best kind of hold out there (non biased opinion).

I’m with you. They were unknown  to me before my trip to Europa Park, but I was amazed by the efficiency of such a simple system. No staff members to accuse of mishandling ones belongings; which I’m sure would be useful with BPB’s clientele...

(Very unrelated, but it’s a shame that Arthur’s baggage system hasn’t been used more - it was so very effective.)

Icon looks great though. 

1 hour ago, RobF said:

It is far better than any merlin bag room !! 

And is a great concept, just a shame it telya on the park ticket

You must be mad.

Handing a bag over to a grumpy and useless teen is far easier and much less of a faff then, trying to enter a room with 6,000 raging Germans, faffing around for your park ticket, opening 400 lockers and Germans stealing them in the scrum and riding the whole ride thinking I'll never see my bag again.

It was a stain (much like the ride itself) on an otherwise fantastic and incredibly effiecient park.

Very similar thing happened at Harry Potter in Japan, but that I'll let that slide because it's Japan.