Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Dan_Rush

• 2 months later...

when I went to the pleasure beach last week I noticed that the rollercoaster was not working......I'm sure ive heard somewhere that they still keep it in check etc, but just dont run it?....I think its very dumb of pleasure beach to not have the rollercoaster working, espically if its still maintained.

• 5 months later...
New ride for 2011 - Mack Twist 'n' Splash

Mack Rides has introduced Twist ‘n’ Splash, an interactive, water-based version of its classic tea cup ride. The perfect attraction for parks of all sizes, including waterparks, this spinning ride features multiple new patented features including boats that are able to float free on the water and rotate on their own axes. The water gun system, meanwhile, is the same as used on Mack's other interactive water attractions.The full-sized ride measures 22-metres (82ft) in diameter. Twelve 4 or 6-seater boats carry up to 1,440 passengers per hour. A “mini” (14-metre diameter) version is also available, offering a theoretical hourly capacity of 960. The ride can be built on a steel floor and offers low maintenance and operational costs.The first unit is scheduled to appear at the Pleasure Beach in Blackpool, England, in 2011, but Mack may introduce one before that at Europa-Park in 2010

Source: Park WorldPosted ImagePosted ImagePhotos from Mack.

It's a rumour that BPB might be getting a Mack Spinner or a compact Mack Launch Coaster. BPB have too many old coasters and it would be good to see a modernised theme park, pier-style. If anything like this happens, I will be so happy for the park and hope one day to visit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It's a rumour that BPB might be getting a Mack Spinner or a compact Mack Launch Coaster. BPB have too many old coasters and it would be good to see a modernised theme park, pier-style. If anything like this happens, I will be so happy for the park and hope one day to visit.

To be honest some of the best rides in the uk are the old one's at Blackpool. Grand National and the retrained Rollercoaster are great classic wooden coasters, Wild Mouse is mental and Revolution is probably one of the most intense loopers in the country and of course they still have the tallest ride in the uk but they are lacking a modern multi looper I really hope they do get a new Mack coaster, would be great as I normally go to blackpool every 1-2 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Valhalla certainly is amazing! Best theming I've ever seen, awesome effects, and lots of fun! I think there's three drops, one of which is backwards, and another is quite forceful. I think anyway, or maybe I'm getting confused/imagining it. But I think I'm right :)And you get WET! Like worse than Tidal Wave! Gah I wanna go to Blackpool so much now!!