Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Dan_Rush

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I loved Blackpool for it's unashamed tackiness and Britishness, including the Pleasure Beach, this does worry me. It does make me wonder just how safe those coasters are. Of course you could say similar about any other ride, or debate about the safety of driving on the motorways .

Bit late with that aren't you? :D

Meh I wanted to make my point, not my fault the topic had changed by the time I had a chance to post :DWhich seems to have happened again, but I have other things to do apart from watch the forums all day :D (And I do mean that)Aaaaaaaanyway, as for the Big Dipper...bit worrying, but like other people, I can't help just thinking "Oh well it's Blackpool!" Sorry if this is a stupid question buuut who's Amanda? :)

Sorry if this is a stupid question buuut who's Amanda? :)

The person who took charge of the park after Geoffrey "The Ledgend" Thompson died... She's his daughter...So basically Southport closing, rides being taken out, new shows, fountains, etc, it's all her fault...

• 1 month later...

I'm going to Blackpool in September for my friends 18th, and we'll be going here. Does anybody know if they have "disabled Q-jumping" as I call it, similar to the disabled access at Thorpe Park. Or am I just gonna have to put up with my legs killing from Queuing so much? Thanks :)

I think that you might have to just queue to be honest, but I have never seen the queues there too bad. The longest I have queued was an hour and a half for Valhalla and that was because of a breakdown.Check their website as I may be wrong, but have never noticed anything like that happening in the park.

Yeah the website was no help :) I hope I don't come across Queues that long, it sucks that they don't do something like the whole disabled "thing" at TP... Does anyone know the average Queue lengths for a weekend in September? No Psychics needed, I'm just asking from experience :D

Beaver Creek is being turned into..........NICKELODEON LAND!In all honesty I didn't know Nick still existed, but they're getting 9 new rides (hence why they removed Space Invader) and retheming 5... Good times really...A good decision by Blackpool, who knew :)

Yours truly :)RollerCoaster will be re-opened and called Nickelodeon Streak, and Zipper Dipper will be know as Blue Flyer, the Log Chute, Turnpike and Friut Shoot rides are staying and being rethemed and renamed, all others are going.The toilets under Space Invader are moving over to the disused South Cableway station, the Space Invader building will be remaining (the ride has already been removed and is being re-built at its new home) and may house a 4D cinema. King Cotten will sadly be lost in all this I just hope they keep the Roast Chicken diner on the menu, its nice to visit a place in a theme park and eat a proper meal with chips, veg and gravy!Ash

• 1 month later...