Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Dan_Rush

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic news!

This is probably the most exciting thing to happen at Blackpool for a long time and perhaps the UK as well. 

If Helix and a Blue Fire are anything to go by, this ride could be absolutely outstanding and 'possibly' even  a Nemy beater (big statement I know). Blackpool and Liseberg are certainly must do park's in 2018.

A concept (not sure if official or unofficial) has been posted by Park World Magazine on Twitter;

29359382864_1e5bd989e2_b.jpg

I like the colour scheme, but again I've no idea if it will actually be that colour.  Interestingly the above render is slightly different to the layout plan that went online a while ago, so who knows...?

Also, Park World Magazine has said that the coaster will have "15 interactions with other Pleasure Beach coasters."  Sounds amazing!

EDIT: This has just been posted to BPB's Facebook page;

We have a HUGE announcement to make, ALL will be revealed early tomorrow morning including a video! :)

https://www.facebook.com/blackpoolpleasurebeach/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

6 hours ago, Mark9 said:

Yes Blackpool, yes! Most exciting ride project since the Swarm for me. Of all the parks to get it, Blackpool was probably the most unlikely but I am glad that they are.

I'd argue that a Mack coaster at Blackpool was going to happen eventually, given that BPB have had a good working relationship with Mack for years.

3 hours ago, pluk said:

Just praying it's not followed up with an announcement of some old classic going to 'make way' for the development. Still not forgiven for Turtle Chase and Noahs Ark.

Don't hold me to this as nothing is confirmed, but I believe that the only attraction that will close for this is the Go Karts (located under Steeplechase).  Just to emphasise though, I'm not 100% certain on that.

15 minutes ago, Mark9 said:

I was more along the lines that the last time Pleasure Beach built a rollercoaster specifically for them was 22 years ago. I hope you aren't looking to be picky CJ, I think this is the most exciting project in the UK for a good five years and anything I say in this topic from today onwards will be one of optimism. 

Yeah that's a fair point - I just meant that Mack would be the most likely candidate for a high budget coaster given the park's relationship with the family.

Of course I'm not looking to be picky, I'm just as excited for this new coaster as anyone else! :)