Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Dan_Rush

I do have to give credit to Blackpool for making these great investments and not giving us cheap short lived investments like Thorpe are pumping out right now..

I rode Skyforce a year so ago and overall I feel like its a quality and very re-rideable flat ride and Icon is going to be awesome from the looks of it!

Despite my utter despise for Infusion, I think Blackpool next year will perhaps be on par with Alton (if not better) and easily better than gimmick island.

BPB posted a (not quite) 360 degree image of Icon today, here's a few screenshots;

27280820589_db5a28df95_c.jpg

27280820709_6212098376_b.jpg

27280820969_53d3c74eb3_b.jpg

27280820849_3ae510a0f2_b.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/blackpoolpleasurebeach/

Also there's an article with a few more photos here; https://bdaily.co.uk/articles/2017/12/14/take-a-look-at-blackpool-pleasure-beach-s-new-16-25m-rollercoaster

It's crazy how they've had to build the support structure for the Immelman!

• 2 weeks later...

Shocking.

I guess it might of been hard to maintain and its probably run its course but its such a classic I never thought we'd see it gone this early.

I'm gonna miss it so bad next season, its just such a crazy and insane ride that leaves you with the "WTF?" feeling after every ride. RIP

I can't express how upset I am, Wild Mouse was an absolutely incredible coaster, completely unique and a credit to the UK industry.

It also means that;

• Pleasure Beach lose their title of the most wooden coasters in the world
  • Pleasure Beach no longer have the most roller coasters in the UK

27761075679_40dcc32a55_c.jpg

Picture source: https://www.facebook.com/Themeparklogic/

In addition, I am extremely disappointed by the way Pleasure Beach have handled the closure.  In my opinion, an announcement should have been made after it was demolished, it's much worse that this has come from people finding out in other ways rather than the park officially announcing it.  Shows that they don't care :( 

So it looks like the Mouse has now (finally) closed indefinitely 

Very sad to hear this. I get the impression the park aren’t fully to blame on it’s closure  as I’ve heard stories on the difficulty insuring the ride due to safety measures. 

Apparently Dipper, Grand National and Flyer are listed (with the Ark building and Flying Machines) but the Mouse isn’t.