Dan_Rush

Blackpool Pleasure Beach

11 minutes ago, Cedar Creek said:

TBH everyone just complains about everything these days!

It’s absolutely ridiculous

Stop complaining that everyone always complains! 😂

47 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

Stop complaining that everyone always complains! 😂

This is the biggest problem compaining about the complainers...... who hate the non complainers for not complaining..... who complain about the problem behind the companies backs but dont front it up. The company hates complainers who makes the company out to be in the wrong. Who hate the people who ......

#complaining

1 hour ago, Coaster said:

What do you mean?

Prime example merlin cutting offpeak hours everyone complaining..... blackpool well its ok for them with no reaction.

4 hours ago, RobF said:

Prime example merlin cutting offpeak hours everyone complaining..... blackpool well its ok for them with no reaction.

I'm not sure what is meant by "no reaction", I've voiced my opinion that the further reduction in hours (6pm close) is shocking but that the Mon/Tues closures do make sense.  Even so, it's perhaps wrong that they didn't release this information until after the various season pass sales.

Believe me, PB don't get off lightly with things like this, in some ways they're worse than Merlin these days.

Maybe Blackpool could do a Liseberg and instead of opening at 9/10am (most rides open later anyway) and open at 12/1pm (or later) which would allow them to open later?

I mean, would 2-10pm hours be better than 9am-5pm?

I guess the issue with opening late is that people associate Blackpool evening / nightlife with not the Pleasure Beach. Shifting the opening hours would be a catastrophe if they couldn't get people on board.

Equally, I do think they should try it. It'd require a good level of marketing, but given the rewards it could reap, they should be giving it some serious thought.

1 hour ago, JoshC. said:

I guess the issue with opening late is that people associate Blackpool evening / nightlife with not the Pleasure Beach. Shifting the opening hours would be a catastrophe if they couldn't get people on board.

Equally, I do think they should try it. It'd require a good level of marketing, but given the rewards it could reap, they should be giving it some serious thought.

Pleasure Beach always did open late up until the last 5-10 years, it worked under free entry but would need to be marketed differently with the current entry system in place.

The 10pm closes the park does are usually busy, with a discounted wristband offered after 4pm there is a second wave of customers.  More of those (every Sat during summer, Oct half term etc) would be great - preferably without fireworks and keep the rides open until 10 though.

Absolutely agree with @Benin that during holidays, illuminations etc later opening and closing times would be beneficial, particularly on Friday evenings where the town is heaving yet PB is sat there in darkness having been closed since 5pm.