Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Dan_Rush

On a personal level, I could never really count a ride's lift hill alone as world class... Especially when the reasoning for it being such is a trait shared by all other hyper coasters (and some other ride types as well)...

I meant the first drop, but the buildup to it is all part of it in my opinion.

I do not think that the lift hill is world class. Lol.

The Big One is a fun ride, however for me, thats all it is. I rank it below the woodies and Revolution, and to suggest that its better than all the coasters at AT and TP is laughable, but you are of course entitled to your opinion on the subject.

It would benifit if it included some drops rather than ramps during the course.

Ash

I am off to Blackpool in a few weeks for the first time, is there anything that I HAVE TO ride and things I should avoid. I don't particularly like wooden roller coasters as I got whiplash on Stampedia in Porteventura and they have put me off :-p

If you are a fan of water/dark rides then I reccomend Valhalla. It's an amazing experience (yes not everyone likes it buy hey ho) with fantastic effects and drops etc...

One thing though - wear your own waterproof, then buy one of the ponchos from there (not too expensive if I remember rightly) and wear that on top. You do get rather wet, but it is worth it for the experience.

Also The Big One and all of the woodies. (From what I have heard about Stampida it is much rougher than the Blackpool ones, although I have not ridden it myself so don't take my word for it). Start of with Nickelodeon Streak/Blue Flyer, then Big Dipper, then if you like them go onto Grand National and Wild Mouse.

Also don't forget their new ride for 2013, Wallace and Gromit!

Hope this helps :)

Blackpool is just £25 at the minute for a wrist band :)

That's a very good deal. (When booked online, £35 at the gate :) )

There is a better offer though - if you are going on holiday to the park and plan to visit two days then the "Big Value Pass" is a great price.

Priced at £50, it gives you two wristbands to be used on seperate days as well as a Pleasure beach pass (allows you to enter the park without going on any rides), Ripley's believe it or not admission, two rounds of Pleasure beach adventure golf, an Ice skating session at the Arena and admission to Pasaje Del Terror.

You can find out more about the pass here: https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/book-online/wristbands

It's a great offer considering that, aside from money off wristbands you save £32.48 off the adult admission fees of the other things included in the Big Value Pass - not to mention the fact that you save £10 on wristbands.

I am off to Blackpool in a few weeks for the first time, is there anything that I HAVE TO ride and things I should avoid. I don't particularly like wooden roller coasters as I got whiplash on Stampedia in Porteventura and they have put me off :-p

I'd recommend pmbo all the woodies infusion can be a head banger! Rev, derby racer, river caves and flyers!

Unless you wanna feel like you have thrown yourself off south pier into the Irish Sea I would not bother with Valhalla it's usually a dark damp smelly warehouse full of water unles you catch it on a good day and some effects are working.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have recently visited the BPB and I have to say that is one of the best days out I have ever had! The park was very quiet but it was a beautiful day. I fell in love with wooden roller coasters when I was at BPB as all of the other ones I have ever ridden really hurt! These ones were like riding around on your grans arm chair! So comfy I may have fallen asleep on the Big Dipper :-p
The thing that stuck out in my mind the most was the fact they opened The Big One for the remaining 30 minutes of the park being open... that's right 30 minutes. It was dead quiet as well so I was astounded to see it roaring around the track. Because of high winds it was shut for most of the day but I was really impressed! Here are a few photos! The rest can be found on my Flickr

BlackpoolPleasureBeach62_zpsbf7c12b7.jpg

BlackpoolPleasureBeach54_zpsdd9b039d.jpg

BlackpoolPleasureBeach45_zps3486411f.jpg

I love this place and would most definitely go back!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Love the way Blackpool has hype over being open until 12 midnight, and Disney has done a few 24 hour days despite being open 364/5 days a year ;)

Yes yes I know it's totally different but still, MIDNIGHT.

Yes but midnight is amazing for a theme park in England, Thorpe Park can't even manage to open until 10pm anymore.

^ Blackpool isn't that bad! It's the idiots in the place rather than the place itself - yes it is run down in places but the leisure and fun resorts and places (Pleasure Beach, the Tower, Sandcastle etc) are of the highest standard and you don't get the idiots in them (you used to at Pleasure Beach but since the entry fee they don't come in anymore).