Miss Hippos Fungle Safari

barley142007

Back on topic, I personally think, what is the point in building family rides when CWoA is just down the road but if anything, a family-thrill ride would be nice. The strip of land, isn't that big for MHFS and a Disk'O would suit that area perfectly because they are narrow.

Maybe a Mega Disk'o like Edge at Paultons Park

I am personally expecting a MTDP around summer/autumn 2009. Jan/Feb 2010 is too late because Thorpe will want new attractions for 2010 and they need to have approval before they can start building. They will submit their new MTDP and forms for any new attractions, then the council will review the new mtdp and approve (if yes/no).

Exactly. Basically, in a nutshell, Thorpe need to get Saw launched, then in the summer or autumn the big bosses need to yet again scramble around the drawing table and talk about the next MTDP. They'll submit that, Runnymede will either approve or tell them to go and take a run and jump, and all being well, Bob's your uncle, 2010 comes and bang, the approved work can begin.Or to put all that simply, by Fright Nights or Thorpe Blast, we should know what will "develop" in 2010, even if it's only land preparation and no ride construction. But we all wanna see ride construction! And no doubt the new MTDP will mention the second access bridge to Saw completion.

True Neil then CWoA also needs to cater for thrill-seekers :) as the family at Chessie might not have the money to go to the thrill-seeker's park "just-down-the-road".I think both parks need to cater for thrills and families:Thorpe Park should be 2/3's thrill and 1/3's families.Chessington should be 1/3's thrill and 2/3's families.

They wont get a fungle type ride back, And if a major ride was placed there it could result in the removal of their number one fright night attraction The Asylum, I'm not in favour of that removal, Best maze their is! If anything they will only put a small ride their, But I was thinking something like a lauched freefall coaster which could go down the back of nemesis and rumba :)So yer, I want something like that :)

• 2 months later...

Here's the trick, contrary to popular belief, SAW is not themed to Canada Creek and is not part of Canada Creek. It has it's own island and the reason for this, was that SAW is too popular a brand to be implemented into a themed island. And it's is only shown on the map, so guests know in what part of the park is the coaster.

Me too, for me it's more like a case over "overcame" Thorpe. Chessie's still good to go to, the novelty can wear off.

Yeah, I had been a couple of times before but I never used to like rides so I always used to go to Chessie to ride the smaller rides then when I felt like I wanted to go on some bigger rides I knew Thorpe had big rides so I went to Thorpe in 2005 and loved it, so I visited again and never stopped loving it.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a TP regular, yeasterday I was there with friends with acouple of kids between 1.3M (age 9) & 1.4M (age 11) tall. That means that neither could nor would have wanted to go on the extreme thrills, but 1 could not use Octopus Garden. Maybe a new family ride to fill the gap, maybe a medium sized Ferris Wheel or perhaps a large swing type roundabout like the one at Legoland in Pharoes Kingdom?

Yeah, I had been a couple of times before but I never used to like rides so I always used to go to Chessie to ride the smaller rides then when I felt like I wanted to go on some bigger rides I knew Thorpe had big rides so I went to Thorpe in 2005 and loved it, so I visited again and never stopped loving it.

Well between the fire of '99 and mid-2004 I was determined to never go back because of that fire ruining the place, and I didn't until being convinced by a mate that Colossus and Nemesis Inferno are 2 of the best rides at Thorpe. So come mid-October 2004 I went for the first time in just over 5 years, loved it even though I was there for 2 hours, and then went next in mid-July 2005. So it could be said I held a grudge which I have now let go of.

• 2 weeks later...

As TPM has said THORPE PARK has closed and removed Miss Hippos Fungle Safari.So what do you think is going to be there?Another Ride?Eating Area?I reckon THORPE PARK should put something like the tower of terror (paris) or something like the men and black ride.:P:D

I agree 100%! they should do something like that, cause it would be fun and nice for the park too, I don't want it to be another rollercoaster, I think thorpe park have enough already haha

I meant to say custom built - Thorpe will never be able to achieve Disney status seeing as them and Universl are the top movie franchise/companies. Disney are OTT because they provide an immersive atmosphere /creating magic for youngsters.

• 8 months later...

Nobody still has any ideas on what type of flat ride or when it would be installed?the MTDP shows a flat ride in fungles place and a restrunate behind that and the Iferno shop, wonder what sort of ride they would add and what effect this would have on ranger county.