Random

Phill

So, got a case of keyboard warriors happening at college. Basically, a teacher set up a website called '*College Name* Independent', whereby the students of the college could post articles on whatever they wanted (after they had been moderated by the editorial team) and could remain anonymous or not (having to give the team their college email to verify that they're a college student). It would be free from all teacher comments so the students could independently express all their views.Anyways, beginning of the week comes, and an article, from an anonymous author, comes up which criticises the Laws department and how it is run. Now, the head of department is a right and utter idiot in my eyes, he thinks he's sovereign above the college and can make all his own rules. The department is much stricter and gives out a heck of a lot more homework than other departments do. The rule is, if you don't do your homework, you get given an 3 page minimum essay due for the next day, regardless or what else is going on - as well as the homework due in. Anyway, gone off on a tangent. Thinking he's above the rules, he comments on the article, needlessly dismissing all of the valid points because of the anonymity of the article. It is published as a 'one off' for fairness, as the article did, to some extent, personal criticise him. Then, another anonymous article comes up on Wednesday about the pope, which argued that the pope was a 'wickedly immoral man'. He then kicks up a fuss, say they're being religiously discriminating, not worthy of being a student at the college, and that the website's editorial team and the teacher behind it should either 'resign or leave the college'. Of course, rather than maturely going up to the teacher behind it all, he posts this on his own blog, which all Laws students use for lesson materials. It's now just slid downhill further and further into this teacher become the ultimate keyboard warrior, saying that anonymity is wrong and all this and that. He says that they're tarnishing the college, because one person gave a view about the pope. Now this independent website is closing down, out of pure tiredness for this pathetic teacher's views. Sigh, why oh why did I take Politics? Posted Image

^ Good ole' Strodes!

To be fair, everything else is pretty darn awesome!

We've got some keyboard warriors at college too. With this 'genius' website http://www.littlegossip.com/gossip/godalming-college/People think they can say anything because it's all anonymous. So many people are getting pretty upset about it too...

Yeah, we got that too. Thankfully, it's just been harmless joking for the most part. But agreed - just 'genius'.

There is life outside Staines and Thorpe Park...There's many other places to meet...Down the M25, or up the A305...And a lovely place up north with coasters that are a treat...To the tune of "There is Life Outside Your Apartment from Avenue Q[/bored]I'm also ill and been spending today watching Lord of the Rings once again realising how crap Orlando Bloom is as an actor...

There is life outside Staines and Thorpe Park...There's many other places to meet...Down the M25, or up the A305...And a lovely place up north with coasters that are a treat...To the tune of "There is Life Outside Your Apartment from Avenue Q[/bored]I'm also ill and been spending today watching Lord of the Rings once again realising how crap Orlando Bloom is as an actor...

Yeh sorry I dont live in Stoke I live in eyesight of the park.... Only reason I said Thorpe was because where else woudl you find it? I'm sure you wouldnt stroll down staines highstreet and see this there... Seriously if I live in staines I'm going to go to staines