Random

Phill

Don't even start.If it's not revolutionary, wasn't game-changing, didn't introduce something new to the market, why are the majority of major mobile phone manufactuers now producing touch-screen handsets in competition with the iPhone?

You forget to mention these phones offer MUCH more features..

No phone comes close to the USER EXPERIENCE. That's what it's all about. The software is easy to use (iTunes, and the Phone OS itself) and the hardware is simple, and frankly, sexy. Apple have streamlined the whole experience. Apple know what consumers want, and judging by the 8 million current iPhone owners, and the fact that all Apple and o2 stores have SOLD OUT, and that it brought down their o2 store system, suggests it's a big hit. If you don't like it, fair enough, but stop bitching about it and move along.

That reminds me, a new itunes came out too!When will apple learn that its users want to actually UPDATE its program and not have to sit there and TOTALLY redownload the WHOLE software again and reinstall. Funny how all other software company's manage it! And yea, it has a pretty UI but then again thats about it, 3G is old, it has a ****ty camera and it STILL lacks basic phone features.

I agree, numero uno.Also, Marc, updating programs without re-installing the whole thing is how you end up with piles of patched up s**te like Windows. By redownloading the program you know that the updates are properly intergrated and not just patched on the side. Sure it takes a couple of extra minutes, but it's worth it in the long run. If it's taking longer than that I suggest you find a new ISP.

I agree, numero uno.Also, Marc, updating programs without re-installing the whole thing is how you end up with piles of patched up s**te like Windows. By redownloading the program you know that the updates are properly intergrated and not just patched on the side. Sure it takes a couple of extra minutes, but it's worth it in the long run. If it's taking longer than that I suggest you find a new ISP.

Thats bollocks and you know it, 1000's of programs update sucsessfuly without the need to redownload the WHOLE program. Infact itunes must be the only program I know of you have to do this =\ But I guess every other software manufacture is wrong and apple are right (Y)